Went on a little road trip today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Went on a little road trip today.

Post by GunnyMack »

Couple of guys and I from my fish & game club went for a drive today to Griffin & Howe. Our purpose was just to look at guns. I'm always up for that!
Lots of higher end stuff, English, European shotguns mostly.
However quite a few Winchester leverguns.
One caught my eye, an 1866 that looked in good shape, then I turned over the hang tag...$6000.00.
Next to it was a 1 of 1000 '73. It had a lot of 0's on the tag. Then I saw the 92 in 25-20! Now the drool started to flow! Sadly I dont have the surplus cash for it at the moment...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
1894c

Re: Went on a little road trip today.

Post by 1894c »

second or third mortgage--lottery? I really like the older Winchester or Marlins, but like you, I'm hard-pressed to be able to afford the asking price. I think SIX was smarter than most when he started collecting these old classics early on...good investment... :)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I get the same way, every time I visit a Cabela's Gun Library room..............

I had to settle for something outside the Library's doors. :oops:

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

30-30 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm second or third mortgage--lottery? I really like the older Winchester or Marlins, but like you, I'm hard-pressed to be able to afford the asking price. I think SIX was smarter than most when he started collecting these old classics early on...good investment... :)
Mr 30-30,
Thank you and your right. The Good Lord gave me the passion when I was just a teenager but......there are still plenty of opportunities in the gun world. When I was a young and budding collector, 1866's, 1876's, 1873's, and 1886's were pretty much gone.....the nice ones......'92's and '94's were still all over the place. The early models were still around but pricey except for standard specimens.

IF....I was a youngster today, I'd go after 1894's and early pre-war '94's.....old model Rugers, pre-about 1970 Smiths, Colts, and Marlins.-----6
Model A Uzi’s