Take a Look... Mexico's Immigration Laws

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Take a Look... Mexico's Immigration Laws

Post by Old No7 »

Quick, take a look -- before this gets moved over to the Politics forum! :wink:

Sobering, isn't it ? ! ? ! ? !

Old No7

Mexico Imm Laws.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Take a Look... Mexico's Immigration Laws

Post by stretch »

Many other countries are MUCH stricter than ours is on such matters.

Japan springs to mind.

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I think it's "reverse psychology". They want to make it appear that they have so much to offer by making it hard to get in.

Who in the hell wants to live in Mexico anyway. -----6.
Model A Uzi’s
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm I think it's "reverse psychology". They want to make it appear that they have so much to offer by making it hard to get in.

I no longer have any interest in even visiting Mexico...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Sixgun wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm I think it's "reverse psychology". They want to make it appear that they have so much to offer by making it hard to get in.

I have no intention of visiting Mexico either but I sure wish the UK adopted their immigration laws ..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
remshooter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by remshooter »

and yet ,dont they Mexican gov. come out and complain that the Illegal Mexicans in this country should have all this in the US ,and complain if we try to keep them from having it ?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes they do.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I take it this is just something off the internet, but just of the top of my head these same things apply in New Zealand as well.

Government business is conducted in English, Non-residents can't vote, foreigners cannot hold public office, Foreigners can't join the military, foreigners cannot receive welfare, and if you come into the country illegally they will deport you. I assumed most countries like that too, including the USA.

(I do happen to know that in Mexico you used to be eligible for permanent residency after four years, but which in the United States, is well, never. I can't even get permanent residency in the United States and my father is an American citizen.)
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

With your Father being a citizen, if he was born a citizen, then you should be eligible for citizenship. I am not a lawyer, so my opinion is not necessarily anything to use in court.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 am With your Father being a citizen, if he was born a citizen, then you should be eligible for citizenship. I am not a lawyer, so my opinion is not necessarily anything to use in court.
Correction. If you father was an American citizen when you were born, regardless of where you were born, you ARE an American citizen. You do not need to apply. Now you may need some documentation, such as you fathers birth certificate and yours to get an American passport, but you are entitled to all of the rights of any other American with a single exception.

That exception is that you are not a "native" born (born on US soil) citizen and therefore can't run for president. Although that one is sort of insignificant anymore.

Interestingly, since the airbase I was stationed at in Spain was a Spanish airbase kids born there weren't "native" born. But, those born on the bases in Germany, since they were American airbases are. More than a few women went up to Germany to have their kids. There was one flight up to Ramstein a week that was loaded with pregnant women and their husbands.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

Huh. I did try once to sort it out with the US embassy, but got a very confusing form to fill out, so I left it as I was getting married and the wife didn't want to go to America.

Even though he has lived here since 1976 my father religiously renews his passport; over here there have not always been many US citizens living here, and so when he would go down to the embassy, he would queue up with all the other people after visas until a Marine would notice his US passport in his hand and pull him out of the line. He ended up going for lunch with the US ambassador one time!

When 9/11 happened, he was sent a letter from the State department. It said, that if he felt at all unsafe, he could call this toll free number and the US government would fly him, his family, and his friends back the states. I told him I always knew he secretly worked for the CIA. He proudly kept that letter for a long time.
By contrast at the same time, his partner at the time was a Russian woman, who had been trying to get a piece of paper stamped in Moscow to sort out her residency in New Zealand. She rang them the same day he got that letter and begged them to just send her a fax: the woman in Moscow said to her - "you're not here, we don't care about you," and hung up.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

CH, if dad's still alive, take him his current passport, and your birth certificate to the embassy. I'd bet if you ask nicely someone will help you fill out any forms. I've never had an issue with not getting all of the help I required at any embassy, consulate or Mission. Think of it this way. If you get your US citizenship recognized, you can register to vote. Another firearms owning voter is a good thing.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:45 pm

I have no intention of visiting Mexico either but I sure wish the UK adopted their immigration laws ..... :lol:
I bet! :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That caravan at the border? Trump announced that not one of those people will be allowed in. Good for him. Probably, some Barry-appointed judge will overrule it. :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV