Road Trip recommendations

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Road Trip recommendations

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Later this summer I will be doing a road trip starting in Florida, up through Georgia and Appalachian mountains to New England and back.
Any suggestion on where to visit....sight see...and roads fun to drive?
I am going to run the " Tail of the Dragon " From NC to TN for sure......
1 gt 5.0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Road Trip recommendations

Post by OldWin »

Stop by if you get up this far. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Check your mail.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I drove from New England to Fla via West-by-God Virginia (to visit some kin), and the high points of my drive were the beauty of driving through the Shenandoah Valley down to Tenn, then cutting through Great Smokey Mountains National Park on Rte 40 to experience the incredible/impressive scenic views.

I also enjoyed the Rte 77 tunnel through the mountain range, from Rte 81 in Va. to W.VA - quite the drive.

Unless a visit there was indicated, I would give Washington D.C a wide berth - especially anytime within hours of the AM or PM "rush".

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Stay off the interstates. Coastline one way and mountains the other. Gettysburg should be on the list. The one time I made the drive from the left coast, Barry The Clown had closed all the parks.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Coming or going, must do the Chesapeake Bay/Bridge. Make sure the co-pilot is camera qualified. Putt along, no need to go fast when sight-seeing.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I know a certain old fat levergunner, who used to be a truck driver and hauled over 80 loads of rebar down from Allentown for that bridge/tunnel widening. :shock:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you're going to do the tail of the dragon you might as well do the neck of the dragon too. I can't remember the route number but it starts in Virginia in Hungry mother's State Park and goes north.
The Blue Ridge parkway is a nice slow scenic route you might want to consider. If you go to Gettysburg you might want to consider downloading Jeff Shara's ( the author of God's and Generals) audio tour of Gettysburg before you go. It's a play by play account of what you'll be seeing as you travel through the area.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

Dahlonaga, Georgia is a small town in north Georgia that we use as our base for deer hunting within the nearby Nat'l Forest. Lots of great scenery and twisty roads in this area. Plenty of deer, too for the hunter who is willing to hike in about 1.5 miles from the nearest road. Vast majority of deer hunters never hike in this far yet the hunting is worth the effort.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!