Steiner PX4i.....mini review

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Steiner PX4i.....mini review

Post by wvfarrier »

Little mini review for anyone considering the Steiner Px4i.....save a little money and buy the Vortex Strike Eagle!

I did a lot research prior to purchasing this optic and the reviews were all favorable......just not sure why.

Let me preface by saying I own several 1-4, 1-6 and even 1-8 power optics. They are my favorite flavor of magnified optics.

So, the Steiner:
Pros:
Glass- Crystal clear from side to side....Leupold clear!
Intensity Dial- Works well and the OFF between each is a nice feature.
Body- Seems very sturdy and has held up to 400+ rounds of 308 Win (AR10) and around 1200 5.56 rounds.

Cons:
Hash marks- They are not well defined...almost unuseable
Red Dot- Advertised as daylight bright.....definitely not, its barely useable in mid morning sun or mid afternoon.
Windage/Elevation Dials- Awful, you really have to watch your marks. There is almost no deliniation when turning.

Overall, its ok, but my Vortex Strike Eagle which cost $200 less is a better optic in my opinion. My Vortex PST, which is in the same price range is FAR better in every way.

Anyway, there is my .02
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Steiner PX4i.....mini review

Post by Blaine »

Glass- Crystal clear from side to side....Leupold clear
Which is why I have usually stuck with Leupold. I'm not that opinionated on Red Dot optics as of yet, but an older Burris Speed Dot, some cheaper Bushnell and a SPARC I recently just bought all seem to be well made and reliable.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV