New Pea Shooter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

New Pea Shooter

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just kinda backed my way into a NIB Kimber 1911 Custom II Two Tone 45 ACP 5” and a new Galco Silhouette holster for the same . Haven’t owned a 1911 in four or five years but after the trip to the range in the Philippines with the old WWII beater 1911 I figured it was time again !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Pea Shooter

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ve got RCBS non carbide dies for the 45 already but I think I’m gonna get a Lee Loadmaster from one of our distributors and leave it setup for the 45 exclusively . If my affliction talks me into getting a 1911 10mm I’ll most likely get another Loadmaster and leave it setup for the 10mm as well .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:41 pm I’ve got RCBS non carbide dies for the 45 already but I think I’m gonna get a Lee Loadmaster from one of our distributors and leave it setup for the 45 exclusively . If my affliction talks me into getting a 1911 10mm I’ll most likely get another Loadmaster and leave it setup for the 10mm as well .
Makes sense - the presses are inexpensive enough that if you have bench space you may as well do it that way.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Won the Kimber on GB Friday evening , paid and emailed FFL Saturday and had the gun in hand MONDAY !

Now I'm waiting for the holster , the Lee loader and 400 rounds of WIN hardball as well as a couple bullet molds for 45 ACP .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well my loader , ammo and molds are scheduled to arrive tommorrow ! Already have powder and primers and I scratched thru my junk and found a .451 lubrisizer die . So Monday or tommorrow I’ll see if I can’t cast 100 or so bullets for this thing !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Finally got around to shooting this Kimber and I was not displeased . I suppose after I move some stuff a Kimber or Remington 1911 6” in 10mm is on the horizon .
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Is backing your way into a Kimber 1911 like finding change in between the couch cushions? I'd certainly like to stumble over one of those Kimbers. I've got a Colt from the mid-90's and it simply does not have the precision machining that the Kimber enjoys.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool, grats on your new gun. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 am Is backing your way into a Kimber 1911 like finding change in between the couch cushions? I'd certainly like to stumble over one of those Kimbers. I've got a Colt from the mid-90's and it simply does not have the precision machining that the Kimber enjoys.
Well it wasn’t free ! But I got it at what I thought was a very decent price .
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sounds like you're setting new records for speed of online gun and supply purchases!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:23 pm Sounds like you're setting new records for speed of online gun and supply purchases!
It was quick no doubt ! My setting up of the Lee Loadmaster however goes at the speed of a turtle lols .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I bought a new Lyman four cavity 452374 and a Lee six cavity 452-228 . Thursday at the shop I cast a few over 200 of each design and lube sized them in a new RCBS .452 die . Wednesday someone brought in 900 pieces of NEW Starline 45 ACP and a set of RCBS carbide dies , they wanted $60 for the whole mess so I took possession . See if this evening or Sunday I can get the Lee Loadmaster set up and possibly running .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Wanna see how this Kimber does with the two cast bullets I’ve cast , if it does semi well I may get an NOE four cavity RG4 in a 230 grain HP . It’s my intention to use cast in my carry loads and preferably HP’s .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I just completed an order to NOE for a RG4 452-232HP plain base mold . And for kicks and giggle ordered an 434-234GC HP RG2 as well .

Hopefully I can get the 232 HP to shoot well in my Kimber and if thats the case it'll most likely get the nod for my self/personal defense load or carry load whateva ya care to call it !

The 434-234GC in both FP and HP versions will be tried in a 444 rifle and my scoped Ruger Redhawk as well as the scoped Contender .
On a side note a friend gave me 500+ commercially cast 44 cal 200 grain wad cutters that seem to measure .430" . Might have to give them a try in the 444 as well . Just not go as hot as I usually do in the 444 .