New Rossi 92 .357, new in the box and in the house!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

New Rossi 92 .357, new in the box and in the house!!!

Post by JerryB »

A local gunshop here in town had a Rossi 92 Stainless .357 carbine on the rack. I picked it up and the action is as slick as snot on a glass door knob. I called my nephew and told him about it, he has looked at them and shot my 92 .357. He asked me to go get it and he would come to pick it up soon. They clincher is they had a price tag with $505.00 on it. Today my grandson took me down there and we brought it home. It is new in the box!!!!! Praise the LORD for His goodness.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: New Rossi 92 .357, new in the box and in the house!!!

Post by AJMD429 »

They are fun leverguns....!

What barrel length...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Good deal. Glad they're starting to show up. Still drilled under the rear sight for NOE's scout mount? I have one of the last 16" blued carbines with the big loop lever bought before the dry spell. LOVE it!!!
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I understand they're moving the factory. I wish they'd hurry and get things done.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

The gun is a 20 inch barrel carbine. I sent an email to Steve to order a plug for the safety.
Rusty, I hope you can find one soon, they are a handy gun.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

JerryB wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:28 pm The gun is a 20 inch barrel carbine. I sent an email to Steve to order a plug for the safety.
Rusty, I hope you can find one soon, they are a handy gun.
put a peep sight instead of a plug! I did on mine and i love it. Go the sight from stevesgunz
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Jerry Wrote: "picked it up and the action is as slick as snot on a glass door knob". :D . I have one I got from Gun broker a while ago New off the shelf in the Box 44-40 . it is also incredibly smooooth to work the lever as well and I wonder how much help Steves video can really help it. Good Luck with Yours.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Steve's video will help with other problem besides the stiff and tight action. I have not run any dummy round through the gun yet to see how stiff the ejector spring is. My carbine would throw .357 brass as much as twenty five feetand 38 spl. brass about the same. If you don't have any problems with your gun you probably don't need the video until something breaks or jams.

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

didntpostpics.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I can't do pictures anymore.
You know the old saying, if you seen Juan you have seen Amal . I did get some .38spl and .357 dummy rounds and with various bullets and it did run the OK without a problem. Reckon the ejector spring is alright they were dumped in a pile real close and nice, not stiff at all.

rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Please correct me if I read this wrong,but what I read was you bought this gun knowing it was for your nephew and he would pick it up. Sure sounds like a straw purchase.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

JerryB wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 pm You know the old saying, if you seen Juan you have seen Amal .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Congratulations on that! A good 92 in 357Magnum is a good thing to have around.

Gifts or buying for someone is only straw if they would be denied, otherwise it’s good.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rodeo kid wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:54 pm Please correct me if I read this wrong,but what I read was you bought this gun knowing it was for your nephew and he would pick it up. Sure sounds like a straw purchase.
You can gift a firearm (you pay for it, fill out 4473, and give it to someone) if they are a legally-able purchaser; you are the transferee of the dealer-transaction, and become a transferor in a separate transaction transferring it to the other person. As long as that transfer is legal (i.e. the recipient is not a 'prohibited person'), no law is broken.

You can also pay for it at the dealer, then someone else comes and fills out the 4473 and takes it home. In that case, the other person is the transferee as far as the law is concerned; all you did was cause the dealer to lower the price.

What you can't do, is buy one in place of a 'prohibited purchaser'; that would be a 'straw sale'.

However......I believe IF the only prohibition is the age of the recipient and they are your child then you can do so and gift it to the child. Otherwise there would be no point in a CCW license for 18-21 year olds, since a dealer can't sell a handgun to them. :|
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

AJMD429 thank you for your clarification, in my opinion most of what you say is true. You can gift a firearm to a relative. I have given my son a cherished firearm at Christmas. You can also pay for a firearm and someone else fill out the federal form and go through the background check. If that is what happened it was not clear to me. I spent 34 yrs in L.E. And have always been told you can not purchase a firearm legally if at the time of purchase you intended to give it to another person. It does not matter if the other person is prohibited. To be sure I went to my local gun shop and asked the owner. He agreed with me. We looked at the wording on the form and it does not mention prohibeted person. The law is stupid but you cannot go in, tell the owner you want to buy a .22 for your son's 16th birthday. They won't sell to you. It happened to me 20 yrs ago. Thank you and God Bless.
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rodeo kid wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 amI spent 34 yrs in L.E. And have always been told you can not purchase a firearm legally if at the time of purchase you intended to give it to another person. It does not matter if the other person is prohibited. To be sure I went to my local gun shop and asked the owner. He agreed with me. We looked at the wording on the form and it does not mention prohibeted person. The law is stupid but you cannot go in, tell the owner you want to buy a .22 for your son's 16th birthday. They won't sell to you. It happened to me 20 yrs ago. Thank you and God Bless.
Yeah I wouldn't try buying one and announcing it was a gift; the shop owner has no way of knowing the legal status of that person. I agree the laws are silly on that; if nothing else the shop owner should just be allowed to run a check on the gift recipient.

Of course my 'interpretation' is what a LEO told me who also has an FFL and is a dealer, so he's likely putting the pro-gun spin on it somewhat.

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Rodeo Kid if you are really concerned about me buying the gun under false pretense email me and I'll give you all the info you need to turn me in as a criminal. By the way the rifle is actually for his wife and she does have a concealed carry permit for the state of Florida.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You cannot legally purchase ANY firearm and give it to someone else...That is a straw purchase. The first question on a 4473 is....

from the ATF website.....

Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual transferee/buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual transferee/buyer, the licensee cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you. Exception: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.)

The law, like all laws, are written in gray. Yes, you can gift an immediate family member (son, daughter, mom, dad, spouse) any gun as long as they are legally able to do so. Your pushing your luck with anyone else. I really don't think the ATF is going to bring charges on a guy buying it for his nephew but you CANNOT disclose that at the time of purchase. It's legally wrong to purchase a gun and give it someone other than an immediate family member and if the ATF does not like you for some other reason, your going to have a day in court and the courts LOVE people with jobs and money.

At Targetmaster, if they even slightly suspect you are buying it for anyone else, you are asked to leave or they will have the State Police there in a half a second. You will also be told not to come back...ever. I have witnessed this on more than one occasion......girl and guy come in, asking about gun x.....they leave...the girl comes back in alone and tries to buy the gun.....goodbye...they will sometimes argue and are given a second chance to leave......if they don't, the state cops are there in a flash.

THe gun business is about the only business where they can discriminate for any reason they want to. I've seen people come in Targetmaster smelling of weed or alcohol....pants hanging down to show the plumbers crack......any gang memorabilia showing......head wrap, as in a Muslim head rag......excessive jewelry......baseball cap on backwards.....ANY offensive clothing...and that is at Targetmaster discretion.....NO CELL phone use.......even if they are not buying a gun...they leave or the cops will help them leave.----6
Model A Uzi’s
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

I never said anything about turning anyone in for anything. Sorry you took it that way. My post was meant to be a caution to people to be careful. It is very easy to break a firearms law without meaning to. Just be careful, the Feds take this seriously. God Bless.🙏
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

This thread just highlights why I hate what my country has turned into. If someone thinks we are still free, all he needs to do is read this thread about exercising his privilege to buy a gun and if he knows anything at all he'll realize we've already lost our constitutional rights.

I was born too late, I'm old enough to remember the freedom of owning guns pre-GCA68, but not old enough to really have enjoyed it.

At any rate I am seeing the death of the U.S.A. :cry:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning JerryB
Those 357's are a lot of fun ! Now you need to work on one for the other hand.
I would also recommend the receiver sight in that silly "safety hole" . You will not regret being able to see the front sight on the target....
And Yes.. Praise God for His blessings and kindness !
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Can you legally pay for a gun with someone else doing all the paperwork for themself start to finish?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 am Can you legally pay for a gun with someone else doing all the paperwork for themself start to finish?
OS...Technically...and legally......no.......read the first part of what I posted from the ATF website....."Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm listed on this form?" "Buying" means paying for it. Yea...splitting hairs here...I find it easier and safer just to have the bucks in MY pocket.----yo 6
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 am This thread just highlights why I hate what my country has turned into. If someone thinks we are still free, all he needs to do is read this thread about exercising his privilege to buy a gun and if he knows anything at all he'll realize we've already lost our constitutional rights.

I was born too late, I'm old enough to remember the freedom of owning guns pre-GCA68, but not old enough to really have enjoyed it.

At any rate I am seeing the death of the U.S.A. :cry:

Joe
Agreed..... I think it is important to note that this is not just the fault of the DemoCraps, but also the RepubliTurds, with their insane increase in statism to support their Holy War on Drugs. Between the Welfare State and the War on Drugs we have destroyed the family and destroyed freedom.
Sixgun wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:54 pm You cannot legally purchase ANY firearm and give it to someone else...That is a straw purchase. The first question on a 4473 is....

from the ATF website.....

Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual transferee/buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual transferee/buyer, the licensee cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you. Exception: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.)

The law, like all laws, are written in gray. Yes, you can gift an immediate family member (son, daughter, mom, dad, spouse) any gun as long as they are legally able to do so. Your pushing your luck with anyone else. I really don't think the ATF is going to bring charges on a guy buying it for his nephew but you CANNOT disclose that at the time of purchase. It's legally wrong to purchase a gun and give it someone other than an immediate family member and if the ATF does not like you for some other reason, your going to have a day in court and the courts LOVE people with jobs and money.

At Targetmaster, if they even slightly suspect you are buying it for anyone else, you are asked to leave or they will have the State Police there in a half a second. You will also be told not to come back...ever. I have witnessed this on more than one occasion......girl and guy come in, asking about gun x.....they leave...the girl comes back in alone and tries to buy the gun.....goodbye...they will sometimes argue and are given a second chance to leave......if they don't, the state cops are there in a flash.

THe gun business is about the only business where they can discriminate for any reason they want to. I've seen people come in Targetmaster smelling of weed or alcohol....pants hanging down to show the plumbers crack......any gang memorabilia showing......head wrap, as in a Muslim head rag......excessive jewelry......baseball cap on backwards.....ANY offensive clothing...and that is at Targetmaster discretion.....NO CELL phone use.......even if they are not buying a gun...they leave or the cops will help them leave.----6
Yep.... :| the population and society are reflecting socialism and its deleterious effects, but the 'evil' dealers are actually doing MORE to reduce the illegal gun-store purchases than the Lib-Yards will ever realize.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, thank you for pointing that out.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...