Metro Arms?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Metro Arms?

Post by mikld »

I got an itch for a new gun and I was looking at 38 Super, semi-auto pistols. In Gun Genie I found a 1911 style from Metro Arms/American Classics. I've not heard of them before. Does anyone know about this gun/manufacturer?

Actually I was cruising the site for a lever gun, 45-70 perhaps when I thought of the 38 Super cartridge... :roll:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Metro Arms?

Post by Pete44ru »

They are a new manufacturer, located in Manila (Philipines).

Here's a revue: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... 5acp-1911/

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dunno if they are related to Rock Island Armory (also in the Philippines), but the RIA 1911's are nice.

I am lusting for a RIA 45 ACP/22 LR 1911 combo gun; I have the 9mm/22 TCR one (1911) and it is a hoot, but I then think I'd use a 1911 in 22 WMR even more....decisions decisions.... :D

Anyhow it seems that the Philippines is a good place to make guns - I wonder how ownership rules are there....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I like mine.

I have a Metro Arms American Classic "Compact Commander". Stainless Upper, Blue Lower, heavier than a LW CCO, but just as handy.

It has a longish break-in period that could probably be handled with a ramp job.

The Scales are aftermarket "G3" laminate. It came with wood.

Good Price Point too. Less than $500 NIB IIRC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Thanks fellers. I guess I could have googled it, just didn't think of it. I have an RIA 1911 that I like a lot (I was surprised at it's quality for such an inexpensive gun).
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I've had my Metro Commander in .45 now for at least four years and it's been my dang near everyday carry gun. Feeds everything I can find to run through it and accuracy is great, knocked the heads from a couple grouse, gophers and chipmunks and taking steel 12x14 gongs offhand at 60yds. Fit and finish is way beyond most of the higher end guns and is more reliable than any other I've used over the years. The only negative thing I can say about it is the dang fuzzy sights, but then again, I can't see the sights on anything else either.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:59 pm ... I have the 9mm/22 TCR one (1911)
I SO want one of those! :mrgreen:
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Well Ysabel, stop Dragoon your butt and order one.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

walks with gun wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:15 am Well Ysabel, stop Dragoon your butt and order one.
Good one! You are channeling Blaine for sure! :lol:
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

If the Metro can stand up with the RIA 1911 .45 it is well worth the money. My grandson has 3 RIA 1911 .45s one that I carry a lot, they will shoot anything we feed them.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

My father has had several Rock Island 1911's and they have been very good reliable guns but he prefers my Metro Commander.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I heard the owner of RIA on the radio being interviewed about the company. It was started in the Philippines prior to WWII as a sporting goods company. The grandfather stayed in business during the Japanese occupation and kept the company alive. Armscorp still makes ammo and weapons for sale under their own name as well as making all manner of parts for other companies that make 1911s.
Labor costs are much lower over there and they produce great work.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

mikld wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm I got an itch for a new gun and I was looking at 38 Super, semi-auto pistols. In Gun Genie I found a 1911 style from Metro Arms/American Classics. I've not heard of them before. Does anyone know about this gun/manufacturer?

Actually I was cruising the site for a lever gun, 45-70 perhaps when I thought of the 38 Super cartridge... :roll:
I have the Metro Amerian Classic 1911A1 clone 45 ACP. Good gun, tight, built to the blueprints I think. You can sub any genuine 1911 part into the frame. I think I have less than 300$ in it and not disappointed. Plus it's called the same thing as my Beman springer pellet pistol, so two of a kind. sorta.

No complaints and if I needed another one I'd buy another one.