Ruger mark series question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Ruger mark series question

Post by 4t5 »

Would the Ruger Mark series pistols be more accurate than say a S&W M&P series 22, simply because the sights are fixed to the barrel, and not a moving slide? , or is there really no difference in the two designs?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ruger mark series question

Post by jdad »

Apples and Oranges

A better comparison is the Ruger M4 and the S&W Victory. It also depends on the Ruger model, longer barrel = longer sight radius = potentially better accuracy. If you put a Tandemkross trigger into a Victory and a Volquartsen upgrade kit into a Ruger they are going to be fairly equal with 6" barrels. It comes down to which one feels better in your hand.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

By virtue of the fact that the barrel is fixed and the sights are fixed to the barrel, the mechanical accuracy should be greater on the MK series as there is not chance of change of relationship between the sights and the barrel.

But the real question isn't mechanical accuracy, it's practical accuracy (that which a human can obtain). That's going to vary from person to person due to our individual physical construction.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Thanks for the reply,I chose the M&P to compare because they are both NO TOOLS takedown,which is what I'm look'n for.Jeep my thoughts were the same about sights fixed to the barrel.Thanks
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am By virtue of the fact that the barrel is fixed and the sights are fixed to the barrel, the mechanical accuracy should be greater on the MK series as there is not chance of change of relationship between the sights and the barrel.

But the real question isn't mechanical accuracy, it's practical accuracy (that which a human can obtain). That's going to vary from person to person due to our individual physical construction.
What he said.....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm not sure about the other models, but my MKII Government Target Model is what I would choose if I made a bet I could hit a pop can at 100 yards, and if I didn't hit it I'd scare the pelosi out of it. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV