Anyone use an EyePal vision enhancer?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Anyone use an EyePal vision enhancer?

Post by Canuck Bob »

Does anyone have experience with this device on the range? I'm interested in rifle and mostly receiver sights but I will try barrel sights too.

http://www.eyepalusa.com
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Anyone use an EyePal vision enhancer?

Post by jhrosier »

I have the Eyepal and it worked well enough except that it was not reliable in sticking to my glasses when I shot outdoors in the winter.
I've since had cataract surgery and no longer use the Eyepal.

Jack
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Thanks Jack, interesting as I'm planning to use them year long at an outdoor range. We get some winter weather here! I just checked about Merit's offerings. They might be out of production sadly.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Bob,

There used to be someone else offering an aperture that fastened to eyeglasses.
It may have been Lyman.
The Merit is undoubtedly better quality.

Jack
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

You can accomplish the same thing by punching a small hole in a square of electrical tape and positioning it on your glasses. $25 worth of electrical tape would be a lifetime supply for every eyeglass wearer on this Forum, and then some...
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Lyman markets the EyePal and Merit might be history, not accepting orders. Life is too short to be poking holes in tape and applying to my glasses. It is a great idea but won't work for my personality. A guy on youtube drilled a small hole in a pair of flip-up dime store sunglasses. It is another well thought out DIY idea but not for me. His execution is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6a20stHk6k
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Pisgah wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:24 pm You can accomplish the same thing by punching a small hole in a square of electrical tape and positioning it on your glasses. $25 worth of electrical tape would be a lifetime supply for every eyeglass wearer on this Forum, and then some...
My luck just when I need the $25 bucks worth of tape it will be in Texas fixing a 1973 F150 dash electrical short, lol!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have the Merits . Both for eyeglasses and to screw into the rear sight. On the glasses for handgun and rifles without peep
Sights. You can just cut a disc out of electrical tape,poke a pin hole in the center and stick it on your glasses. I did that
For years before I bought the Merits.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Canuck Bob wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:45 pm A guy on youtube drilled a small hole in a pair of flip-up dime store sunglasses. His execution is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6a20stHk6k
Tried that and it works GREAT! The tape flexed back into the hole and made it fuzzy, so I used flat black paint instead. It's been a long time since I could see both sights AND the target. I have one of those Lyman apertures that attaches with a suction cup, but it doesn't work as well as this, and I don't like messing with the suction cup, so I haven't used it. This I WILL use! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?