Any Interest in... 20 ga Side-by-Side BP Flintlock

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Any Interest in... 20 ga Side-by-Side BP Flintlock

Post by Old No7 »

I just posted about finding "Another Gun for The Ysabel Kid"...

Then on the same shooting website, gee, I think I found another one for me!

Oh sure, I do have plenty of projects active and a few recent acquisitions to get up and shooting, but there's no charge for dreaming, right???

For those who may be interested in a Flintlock 20 Gauge Side-by-Side Shotgun (click for link) check out this link and the images below...

Pedersoli SxS 20 BP 01.jpg
Pedersoli SxS 20 BP 02.jpg
Pedersoli SxS 20 BP 03.jpg
Pedersoli SxS 20 BP 04.jpg

Oh my... I just became an "enabler'" to myself! (Not the first time though...)

Love at first sight... It must be a female gun, about "20" with "2" nice ones "side by side".... :wink:

I think NATH should buy one and give it a field test, since he gets out in the field much more than we do... Should we take a vote on that??? :D

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Any Interest in... 20 ga Side-by-Side BP Flintlock

Post by Nath »

If you're buying friend I would be glad to test it over the next decade or so :D

There has been alot of talk about it on the themuzzleloading forum.
Typical of Pedersoli the thing is too heavy IMO.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's a beautiful and interesting shotgun but I'm trying very hard to find it LESS interesting, flintlocks can be frustrating at times and I don't really want twice the frustration in one gun....... or do I ?....... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

What I ve read the barrels are 28" and the version available first will be the deluxe version and a standard version without the basket weave checkering and engraving will be available next year.Also a double rifle version is going to be brought out as well
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've handled a few trade guns and American fowlers and they all seemed rather slick and handy. The one double barrel I hefted seemed rather clunky, at least to me.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

barbarossa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:27 pm What I ve read the barrels are 28" and the version available first will be the deluxe version and a standard version without the basket weave checkering and engraving will be available next year.Also a double rifle version is going to be brought out as well
Oh great :(
That's all I need...
Another drain on my wallet.
It's nice to have goals, though.... :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle