Winchester 92 came home with me

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 92 came home with me

Post by win40-82 »

Went to gunshow Sunday in Colby Ks. They had a good number of good to very good lever guns. Found this little 92 in 32-20 takedown for a very reasonable price so sprung for it. Finish has a lot brown in it when out in bright sunlit, the bore rates an 8 and the wood is very good. Hope I can get the picture posted. I also found another lever gun about 3 weeks ago, a Winchester Low Wall also in 32-20. It has a great bore and wood. Metal is very good with some case coloring left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 92 came home with me

Post by Nath »

Cool.
I like that low wall. Nice cal too.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice. You scored a couple good ones. Should be fun shooters.
Nothing beats that new gun smell.......except the next one. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I've never had much of a hankering for a .32-20 -- but you know, I'd be sorely tempted by those two old gals, myself. Nice.
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

win40-82 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm Went to gunshow Sunday in Colby Ks. They had a good number of good to very good lever guns. Found this little 92 in 32-20 takedown for a very reasonable price so sprung for it. Finish has a lot brown in it when out in bright sunlit, the bore rates an 8 and the wood is very good. Hope I can get the picture posted. I also found another lever gun about 3 weeks ago, a Winchester Low Wall also in 32-20. It has a great bore and wood. Metal is very good with some case coloring left.
Hello Win40-82,

I have been working on a research survey of the 1892's for almost 7 years now and have cataloged just over 11,100 individual rifles. Could I please get the serial number of your rifle so that I can add it into my data? If you will send me a series of photos I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. You can read more, and get my email address at this link: https://winchestercollector.org/forum/w ... le-survey/

thanks
Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

Michael, sent a private message with serial number.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

win40-82 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm Michael, sent a private message with serial number.
Thanks for the PM with the SN. But I have maybe some bad news for you. I have that rifle listed in my survey as having been sold out of Carr Suctions in December 2016, Lot #67. BUT is was a 25-20 WCF caliber gun back then. Are you certain of the caliber and can you post/send me photos of the areas of stamped writing on the barrel?

Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pisgah wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm I've never had much of a hankering for a .32-20 -- but you know, I'd be sorely tempted by those two old gals, myself. Nice.
I really like the cartridge - I just wish I had more time to mess with it - lots of potential fun in the older guns, and in the Marlin 1894-CL version, 30 Carbine level ballistics.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have a 1917 model 1892 in 32wcf, it is a rifle and still more accurate with my handloads than I can shoot. I got it from an uncle back in the 1950's.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Had an uncle named Matthew
Was his father's only boy
Born just south of Colby, Kansas
He was his mothers pride and joy.