Something To Think About...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Something To Think About...

Post by Old No7 »

I had to laugh when I saw this...

Clean Living.jpg

...But it does make one think.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Something To Think About...

Post by Marvin S »

Sounds about right :D
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yeah, the Golden years........... :roll:

I found that everybody will "hit the wall" sooner or later - I hit my "wall" (aka: started having medical issues) about 15 years ago, when I turned 60. :cry:

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Most people take no regular meds at age 35, but by age 55 they will be on a bunch.... :|

However the ones who need em and don't take them are messed up or dead by age 65.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Due to my profession, never eating an actual meal for 8 to 12 hours at a time, and always being encouraged to eat whatever snack is sold in the store, I was overweight and had high blood pressure before 45. I had asked several different Doctors for phentermine, and was told"NO, tou need more medicines and insulin!" Last year I went to a weight loss clinic and got put on phentermine. I dropped 40 pounds and my blood pressure went below 120 over 80, my blood sugar went to 100 or less at any time I take it, my A1C dropped to 9.1 and my incredibly rare genetic abnormalities cause my A1C to be twice as high as anyone else would have for the same blood sugar level. In the Army, my A1C was 7.4 with a blood sugar average of 62.
I am now off all medicines axcept for phentermine. Treating the result instead of the cause is what keeps my profession in business and growing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Piller
Glad all is in control. I can relate.

My doc gave me a choice of strict diet or Rx for blood sugar, so I went back on the Atkins diet which has always worked for me.
In three months, I had lost 14 pounds and blood sugar was normal as were a couple of other blood serum readings.
All it takes is will power (or being scared of dying) and much can be accomplished with diet and exercise. I feel much better and can be active much longer too.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I spent 40 minutes with the diabetes nurse this morning, she wants me to increase my meds but I reckon just need to lose my love of sweet stuff, she did seem to think I can still buy green bananas, so there's hope yet.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have a love of the sweet stuff which seems to be a family trait. My Grandfather on my Mom's side used to keep Hershey's bars at home all the time. If he didn't eat at least one a day it would mess his whole day up. My Mom keeps Tootsie Rolls hidden around the house, and she eats them in such a way that it looks like a kid sneaking cookies off the plate when their mother is baking cookies for Church. I have to make myself not eat candy because I cannot stop if I start eating it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You know you're getting old when the aches and pains are what wake you up in the morning :lol: But, it beats the hell out of not waking up. :wink: If I lost half the weight I've gained since I retired from the Army in '92 I bet me diabetes would go away. It's under control, but those shots suck.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV