Heavy-Duty Soft Case -- Sized for Large/Schuetzen Rifles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Heavy-Duty Soft Case -- Sized for Large/Schuetzen Rifles

Post by Old No7 »

I went looking for a "soft" but heavy-duty case for the new-to-me Moeller Martini Schuetzen rifle that I've recently posted about. I have a Plano hard case that I've used for years for my 38-55 High Wall, but I didn't want another hard case.

I found this one -- Cabela's Xtreme Long-Range Rifle Case -- at the local Cabela's (obviously...) and it is rated "5 out of 5" after 23 ratings.

Schuetzen-sized Case (Small).jpg

The internal length dimension of 50.5" is exactly the length of my Schuetzen and it just fits. There is a small pocket inside to hold the muzzle and 2 Velcro straps to secure the barrel and butt. With the 12" max height inside, there's plenty of room for the large hooked & carved buttstock of mine, and the 3" inside width also helps the stock -- with its large exaggerated cheek piece -- fit inside very well.

It wasn't cheap -- but cost lots less than the rifle and it will protect it very well. The extra pockets will easily hold the rear sight (as it has a large 2.25" disc on mine) and the watch-keys needed to mount & adjust the sight.

Thought I'd post it here for others to see, as this case should work for any other long/large rifles you guys or gals may have.

Tight groups!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH