S&W 15-3

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

S&W 15-3

Post by JerryB »

I have a15-3 in my safe that belongs to my nephew's wife in Florida. The gun is as tight as new but there is not a trace of finish left on it. The gun belonged to an old LEO from a couple of counties up from here. A friend bought the gun from the man's daughter some years after he died and sold it to my niece. I might have chance to buy it, so what would the gun be worth in round figures.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: S&W 15-3

Post by Sixgun »

Jerry,
Ahhhh...fine out of print Smith & Wessons are another of my obsessions......as you probably know, the model 15 is aka the "Combat Masterpiece". IIRC the 15-3's were made sometime in the mid sixties when fit and finish was still paramount.

But.....a fair amount of these were made so if the one your talking about has no finish but is still tight I would only say a couple of c-notes...tops....and thats assuming the "diamond k's" are still there with the gun. ----6
Model A Uzi’s
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks Sixgun, the factory Diamond grips are gone. The pair of S&W grips on it are BIG grips,
looks like Jordan grips .Big like thick from side to side, they also are long and cover the bottom of the grip. The serial number shows 1971 from the chart I have.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JerryB wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 pm I have a15-3 in my safe that belongs to my nephew's wife in Florida. The gun is as tight as new but there is not a trace of finish left on it. The gun belonged to an old LEO from a couple of counties up from here. A friend bought the gun from the man's daughter some years after he died and sold it to my niece. I might have chance to buy it, so what would the gun be worth in round figures.
It will bring $300 to $400 easy. More from the right buyer. Those S&W revolvers have gotten stupid high lately.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Vance that is in the range that they paid for the gun a few years ago. I really doubt they will sell it. When I had my FFL years ago I bought one for my son's 21 birthday, he was in the Marines. I got it from J&G in Prescott for 129 dollars, it is a 15-3 and still looks like new. I can't begin to count the rounds that he has put through that gun.

vonfatman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by vonfatman »

i don't know. i would not pay over $250 for a 15-3 with no finish.
that's just me

bob
"Onward thru the Fog"
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

vonfatman wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:19 pm i don't know. i would not pay over $250 for a 15-3 with no finish.
that's just me

bob
I wouldn't pay that much. But somebody will.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

No finish. No grips. $200 at best. Several examples of better ones selling for 250 and under. Nice ones start at about $450.

Dennis.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

With no finish I'd say $ 275.00 tops but I'd offer $250 and see where it went.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'd rather have an ugly shooter, than a pretty P.O.S. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I’d probably go up to $350 depending on how much I wanted it and how rich and generous I was feeling that day. Rather have a quality gun with rough finish than a cheap new one. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!