Still in the dark

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Still in the dark

Post by GunnyMack »

So here we sit with the generator running on day 5(?)I forget when the storm hit us, Friday I think. The roads are opened for the most part.
People are going about their normal lives as best they can. Yesterday thru call forwarding to my cell I got a message from power company that there were STILL OVER 19,000 customers without lectricity in my county.
Now we are supposedly going to get dumped on again tonite & tomorrow. 10-14" from local radio station.
I gotta hand it to JCP&L, they did NOT learn from Hurricane Sandy. We still have an out dated grid, bad lines and over priced service.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Still in the dark

Post by Rusty »

I learned something back about 1990. Around Christmas time our power company started having what they called ROLLING BROWN OUTS. The idea was that they would cut the power to certain areas for a given length of time to lessen the demands on the power stations. Jr was little and needed breathing treatments with an electric compressor a couple of times a day so we would load him up and take him to a friends house that had power. After several days without power I finally called them to ask when we would be restored. They had no idea we had been off for several days. From now on if I don't have power they get a phone call.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I learned something back about 1990. Around Christmas time our power company started having what they called ROLLING BROWN OUTS. The idea was that they would cut the power to certain areas for a given length of time to lessen the demands on the power stations. Jr was little and needed breathing treatments with an electric compressor a couple of times a day so we would load him up and take him to a friends house that had power. After several days without power I finally called them to ask when we would be restored. They had no idea we had been off for several days. From now on if I don't have power they get a phone call.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Bummer, thoughts and prayers up ,hope things improve soon. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Well, that really sucks. I hope you have heat. We seem to have power glitches here quite a bit, but they never last more than a few minutes. Tacoma Power must have good switching abilities.
The US power grid isn't any more "hardened" than our public schools. :roll: :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

When I had generator & switch installed I had electrician wire so the fridge/ kitchen had power. As well as some lights, oil burner & well as well as my pellet stove. House is very comfy!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!