Just got back from the range !!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Just got back from the range !!!!

Post by 6pt-sika »

In the Philippines !

Obviousely I have no guns there so we rented a 10-22 , Ruger 22 auto pistol and a 1911 who's frame appeared to be left over from WWII .

Rental on the 3 guns 6 boxes 22 LR Armsco ammo and 100 rounds 45 ACP cost me $70 which I thought was very reasonable . Oh almost forgot also included were 7 bottles of water .

Wife did well for her second try with the 10-22 . And amazingly she did okay for her first try with the Ruger 22 pistol . She shot the 45 once and said that was enough but she hit the torso of the silhouette she was shooting at .

The old 1911 was well used but I was able to hit little plates at 20 yards with it fairly easily .

I wanna get a 1911 in 10mm when I come home but I just might give consideration to a 45 ACP again !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just got back from the range !!!!

Post by JerryB »

Sounds like ya'll had a good time. A Ruger ,22 auto is about the best you can get for beginners to shoot. A ten mm might be something but it just ain't a 1911 .45acp.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just got back from the range !!!!

Post by 6pt-sika »

JerryB wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 pm Sounds like ya'll had a good time. A Ruger ,22 auto is about the best you can get for beginners to shoot. A ten mm might be something but it just ain't a 1911 .45acp.
I've had several 1911 45's in the past just don't have one at the moment . Kinda wanna get a Kimber mid (price) range 1911 in 45 . And quite possibly a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm . I was surprised when they brought out the 1911 today and it turned out to be the remains of an old war horse , I was expecting a Rock Island to be honest .

When the boss makes it to the USA I have a very nice circa 1967 Browning Challenger for her to shoot .

Might have a nice old Winchester 75 or Remington 541-S as well . What I'd really like to find is a nice lightly used Steyr 22 LR with the mannlicher stock circa 1960-1965 but I dunno if I'd let her shoot that LOL's !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !