CWD in PA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

CWD in PA

Post by 308magtip »

Any deer hunters shooting deer in Pa this fall or anyone picking up a road kill deer,which is legal,please check the regs on transporting the carcass.CWD caused a DMA4 to be made in northern Lancaster,Berks,and Lebanon counties.This takes in a lot of state game lands.Please check regulations.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: CWD in PA

Post by AJMD429 »

What is a DMA4...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

Deer Management Area 4?
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

That is sad to hear that CWD has got that far, am in a bad hot spot for CWD ( SE WY) & over the 22 years I've been here
it has devastated the herd, also 8 out of 10 deer I've had tested for CWD was positive & F&G suggest you take the meat to the land fill if positive in fact they send you the paper work so you can throw it away, but you know there is no proof of it causing harm too humans, none of the deer I've shot looked sick in any way, I have completely lost my appetite for hunting deer 5 years ago & gave up Elk hunting only because its a lot more work for me than it used to be

Brad
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Pa has a lot of deer farms.Mostly on small ,less than 10 acre plots,with way to many deer penned in.Since there is no double fencing required ,deer do what deer do in the fall.Namley wild deer nuzzle up to sick penned up deer and spread it to the wild herd.Deer farms are controlled by the dept of agriculture in Pa not the game comm.There were penned deer shipped out of state to "hunting" preserves for breeding since that is what the food siply is for them just big racks.Guess most of the hunters today are "deer shooters" not fair chase hunters. 6 of use used to hunt in Clinton,Co Pa every year out of a GP small army tent.Had lots of fun and always got at least 1 or 2 deer each year.Sometimes driving and other times still hunting but always fair chase.Now I am the only one left hunt on our club property in Lanc co.Still fair chase...