Very...Very...Happy With Vortex

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Very...Very...Happy With Vortex

Post by Sixgun »

The gun people are a great group of individuals to deal with. Last month I handed over 6 c-notes for a Vortex scope for our 1/2 scale silhouette benchrest match from 200-500 meters. Could not think of a better rifle than my Colt 6920 that regularly busts clay birds on out to 500 meters with the Sierra 69 gr. BRHP MatchKing.

Shot the rifle with the new scope on....shot real nice......and beings that I'm half Italian, well, I dropped the rifle putting it in the Jeep and broke off the top turret. I sent that baby back two weeks ago and got her back today....All spanking new and with the scope, the great Vortex people sent me a hat, scope lense cleaner, beer can keep-it-cold thing-a-ma-jig, a metal pin, and a decal that's already on my Jeep.

No charge.

Thanks Vortex....a hand written letter is on its way.---6

Model A Uzi’s
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Very...Very...Happy With Vortex

Post by M. M. Wright »

Now that, dear hearts, is SERVICE! Seldom seen these days.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Okay Jack... the next time I'm coming up to PA, I'll bring my cheapie parts AR and MY Vortex scope... and we'll have a LARGE time at your range!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Or... should I bring the Sharps!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff....I bet I paid less for my AR than you did.....I guess that means we both have cheapies. Mine was bought by a guy who wanted it for hog hunting in Texas...yes, Texas.....and something was wrong with the barrel....dunno what it was but the gun was sent back to the factory to be fixed.......in the meantime the guy needed a rifle to hunt with so my guy gave him his money back and the customer bought another one.....so...........

My guy calls me up and says, "you want an AR cheap that has a new barrel on it....the gun itself is new?". I says, "sure". He says, "come on down and bring me $500".

I paid more for the scope than I did for the gun.

Yes...let me know the next time your up this way.....you bring NO ammo.....I'll have at least 500 for us to play with with the .223. Yea, bring the Sharps too.....the more guns the better!-6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice! You gotta love good service. I have a Springfield Micro Compact at SA inc. right now. I bought it used and they still sent mr a shipping label so I'd have no cost.

Probably the folks at Vortex saw who you were and knew they had to treat someone so famous with special attention. :D
The legend if ole Six has spread far and wide! :D
Man, and I got my picture taken with him! :D
Just hackin on ya bud! Glad it worked out for you.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay......Did ya hear the news? I must be famous because Donald Trump called me up and he heard I would be the best person to be in control of the borders. When I suggested we heavily mine several hundred yards into "their" side, he immediately fired me, suggesting I was too soft. :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vortex is a great outfit. Leupold is about as good, in my experience.
That's a fine scope. I have been daydreaming about a Ruger Precision Rifle with something very like the Viper you mounted on your Colt.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11 am Vortex is a great outfit. Leupold is about as good, in my experience.
That's a fine scope. I have been daydreaming about a Ruger Precision Rifle with something very like the Viper you mounted on your Colt.
Bill,
Last weekend, after our CBA cast bullet match, we broke out other guns to play with and for the first time ever, I shot one of my buddies (yea, I have buddies, not many :D ) rifles, a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmore. After purchasing the rifle, he popped the barrel off and installed an aftermarket 30" barrel. His is topped off with a $1200 Vortex that goes up to 60 power! I personally feel anything over 16 power a waste, unless your shooting 1000 meters.

Anyway, we had clay birds set on the banks from 200-500 meters. We also have permanent silhouettes at each distance that we use in practice for matches. These silhouettes are too easy to hit off the bench so we started shooting these clay birds. After EASILY hitting the clay birds at 500 meters, we started shooting at the pieces of clay birds.....easy.....easy.....

I was astounded at the accuracy of the cartridge and the rifle. Even though I don't own one ...yet...I highly recommend it.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Diggin' that Colt, Jack!

I've become a big fan of Vortex too, I have one on my M1A Scout and one of their nifty dot sights on the MPX. Both have been holding up quite well.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My Jug shoot guns both have Vortex. I am as happy as Jack with them.....well not as Happy as Jack, but happy.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Six, old buddy, I hate to be an enabler, but GrabAGun down in Texas has Ruger Precision Rifles in 6mm Creedmoor for $799 and $7.95 shipping right now. That's nearly half off MSRP.

8)
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Bill,
$800????? I never thought there was that much of a markup! Mmmmmm.... well, the first of the month is here and so is my pension check!.......another two weeks my ss check is here. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Vortex builds great stuff... and, if you are a LEO they offer a pretty good discount.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Very please with Vortex. Great customer service.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Very Good to hear. Great companies always back up their products.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six you forgot to tell Mr Donald Trump, THE PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES about not only mining the other side but we were also going to stock the Rio Grande with gators, piranhas and bull sharks!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:24 pm Hey Six you forgot to tell Mr Donald Trump, THE PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES about not only mining the other side but we were also going to stock the Rio Grande with gators, piranhas and bull sharks!
Ahhhhh Gunny.....this country is being too nice.......good 'ole St. Adolf would have simplified it all just by manning an MG-42 every 50 yards.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ahmen Brother!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!