This is pathetic

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

This is pathetic

Post by JimT »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01/sa ... video.html

67 shots total and no one is hit. Some of the cops completely missed the RV! They were shitting themselves!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This is pathetic

Post by ollogger »

I seen that & the term flock shooting came to mind along with idiots!!

Brad
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

But... Their lives were in danger...

The other guy apparently not so much.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Too many cops with college degrees.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Having shot qualifications a number of times in the past with our local Sheriff's department, I am not in the least surprised...

I outscored EVERY deputy on EVERY occasion, by a wide margin.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Maybe they need the sheriff from Broward county Florida to train them.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

They were shitting themselves!
I'm surprised the auto-censor let that slip through.... :o :lol:

In my experience with maybe 10 'cop' friends and another 30 I have known fairly well, most of them weren't particularly good shots, only trained the minimum requirements, and weren't really 'into guns' that much.

The ones who I have been close friends with have tended to be excellent shots, but then again often I met them because we were going to competitions together.

One HOPES that they have a lot of other more important qualifications that pertain to being law enforcement officers, including knowledge of the law, and regarding firearms - knowledge of when is it appropriate to shoot versus not shoot. Unfortunately I know that is sadly often not the case these days... :|
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

The scary part is; they carry for their protection not ours !
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That used to be called "spray and pray". Spray enough bullets towards the target and pray you hit it. That started with the switch to hi-cap 9mms. I've always thought cops should be restricted to 6 shot revolvers to slow them down and make them aim ... at least a little bit.
What amazes me is when these fusillades occur that more bystanders, innocent or otherwise, aren't hit.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

J Miller wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 am That used to be called "spray and pray". Spray enough bullets towards the target and pray you hit it. That started with the switch to hi-cap 9mms. I've always thought cops should be restricted to 6 shot revolvers to slow them down and make them aim ... at least a little bit.
What amazes me is when these fusillades occur that more bystanders, innocent or otherwise, aren't hit.

Joe
We don't know whether anyone was or not. Or how many houses, businesses or vehicles have bullets in them. Those shots had to go someplace.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Reminds me of an incident in Portland, Oregon, some years ago when two worthies from the Portland Police Bureau emptied their Glock 9mms at a suspect in Pioneer Square downtown. One bullet struck the perp in the heel. But sit an unarmed homeless person with drug and mental health issues on a porch, and all the bullets seem to hit their mark.

:roll:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

When LAPD first authorized semi autos I watched a female officer draw hem 9mm and empty the mag. The only safe thing down range was the target. Not a single round hit it. But she sure did it in a hurry.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Not too surprising to me. Back in the 80's I was working in a downtown building when I heard over my radio there was a active shooter outside the south entry doors. I headed out the East doors and down to that end of the building to see what was going on. As I peeked around the corner I saw a woman sitting on the ground in front of the glass doors with an Uzi in her lap! I returned to the East side doors and entered inside. I headed towards the South lobby and tried to get people away from the inside lobby. Amazed at how stupid people can be when they see something like this, and feel they're safe behind glass doors!
About 10 minutes later two police officers arrived and approached the woman with their Glocks pointed at her. I heard them screaming at her to drop the gun, but instead she committed suicide by cop and raised it! The two officers were about 10' away when they both opened fire at the woman. Totally justified, but after almost emptying two Glock pistols at 10', they hit her 3 times. They shattered the front entry doors outside, and inside, plus broke some windows inside on the business in line with the woman.
Later investigation showed she had an air soft gun and was suicidal. But I was more shocked that two officers could shoot 22 shots at 10' and only hit her 3 times! Luckily we got all the bystanders away from inside prior to it all going down, or they'd likely have had a higher death count!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
BlackKnight
Levergunner

Post by BlackKnight »

jeepnik wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 am .. The only safe thing down range was the target. ...
LMFAO!!!

-BK
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Things are funny. When I went through the academy we had a guy in our class that had t be the worst shot ever. The instructors did everything they could to get the guy passed. He barely squeeked by. The funny thing is 2 years later he arrested a suspect and put him in the back seat. As he was headed to the driver's seat someone came out of the crowd and opened the door then shot the hancuffed suspect as he sat in the back seat. The officer who couldn't shoot straight proceeded to draw and shoot the shooter dead center. Maybe he had been practicing but he sure pulled that one off.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

It's not the semi autos...they couldnt hit anything with the revolvers either.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

This is sadly too common. Its not just a given though, it has to do with the willingness of the people making budgets and political decisions on training. Its been a matter of some discussion elsewhere, and seems to be more common as the politics of policing gets more attention. They want to hire social workers that have to carry guns rather than people with a strong interest in traditional law enforcement and the mindset of dealing with problems on the street. The departments that dont think its bad to train their people well can show good results in shootings. Like the officers in Garland Tx at the Draw Mohammed contest attack. One guy with a pistol shoots down two guys with self loading rifles. The Austin officer holding horses in one hand and making a 100 yard one handed shot on a nut that was shooting up the downtown area. When those stories came up, people in the LE world werent surprised, they knew the trainers and people making decisions. Same for some large departments with good records of few shots fired and high percentage of hits being common. Its not hard to figure out what works, its just hard to find admins that are willing to spend the money and make those decisions to make that happen.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?