Ebay question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Ebay question

Post by Pitchy »

I have two ebay purchases that the seller gave me a refund, everything in paypal and my bank account says they were paid and I was paid but on my Ebay it says payment pending.
I sent a message to paypal but no answer so far, on the transaction page at the bottom it says the resolution center found in my favor and paid but I need to refund ebay.
I don`t get it, I never opened a case and the seller said he didn`t either, anyone ever had this happen.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Ebay question

Post by TWHBC »

PayPal typically shows you have money in your account fairly quickly, but they take 21 days or so, before you can access that money!
They are earning interest the whole time they are holding your money, and the interest is something you will not ever see!!
Imagine how much money they are holding from all their users! Interest could be substantial profit for them!
Think about the short term lending game whereas someone needs to show money in their account for whatever purposes, and they borrow on the short term money market, pay lots of interest, and then pay the money back + interest!!!!
The money has to come from somewhere, and that would be users of PayPal!!!!
Remember they are worldwide!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks but ebay payments are taken from my bank account not my paypal account.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I can't say, Pitchy, as I refuse to patronize either company due to their anti-gun corporate stance.

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I figure all the gun stuff I buy and sell using those 2 sites will help counter their BS stance on my rights... :wink:

But I've never experienced what you're going through.........

Are you sure it isn't some kind of "phishing scam" where they really want access to your bank account and #s?

* They offer you a refund you didn't expect -- but you can't claim it...

* So in a few days, they'll offer you a phone number to call for assistance...

* And on that call, they'll ask for your bank account info -- just to "confirm it" and help you out...

AND WHAMMO!!! You're screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They take ALL your money...

I'd be very careful on how you handle or settle this...

And I'm NOT a pessimist -- just an optimist with a lot of experience!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

If I understand your transaction you paid for the items and then received a refund from the seller. Your records and Paypal show that you paid and also that you received a refund correct? The refund is now back in your bank account, correct? eBay resolution center can be awfully slow in updating what shows on your page, sometimes weeks. If you and the seller are square don't worry about it, it'll eventually go away, always has for me. I don't believe this is a scam, just eBay being slow in updating the post. BTW Paypal is very fast in transferring any refund back to my credit card or bank account depending on which I used for the transaction, never more than 2 or 3 days, they do not sit on it or make you jump through hoops.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Hawkeye2 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:02 am If I understand your transaction you paid for the items and then received a refund from the seller. Your records and Paypal show that you paid and also that you received a refund correct? The refund is now back in your bank account, correct? eBay resolution center can be awfully slow in updating what shows on your page, sometimes weeks. If you and the seller are square don't worry about it, it'll eventually go away, always has for me. I don't believe this is a scam, just eBay being slow in updating the post. BTW Paypal is very fast in transferring any refund back to my credit card or bank account depending on which I used for the transaction, never more than 2 or 3 days, they do not sit on it or make you jump through hoops.
Thanks for the replies everyone, I think Hawkeye is correct. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

TWHBC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:17 pm PayPal typically shows you have money in your account fairly quickly, but they take 21 days or so, before you can access that money!
This has absolutely not been the case with several refunds I have received through PayPal. Funds have always been available within1 business day, except on weekends or holidays. Pretty much the same as with most banks. The last refund I got came in late on a Friday and I was able to transfer it to my bank account by early Monday morning.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Dang... There goes my conspiracy theory...

Shot down by a levergunner! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH