Uberti 1860 Henry Question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DaveInPA
Levergunner

Uberti 1860 Henry Question

Post by DaveInPA »

I am considering buying either an Uberti 1860 Henry or 1866 Winchester. Does the Uberti Henry have a half-cock notch on the hammer? Apparently the originals did not. Even if it's not authentic, I'd prefer the rifle to have a half-cock for potential hunting use.

Can anyone on here who owns one answer on this?

Thanks.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Uberti 1860 Henry Question

Post by Hawkeye2 »

The Uberti 66 has a half cock and I'm sure the Uberti Henry haseone too but where did you get the idea the originals did not?
DaveInPA
Levergunner

Post by DaveInPA »

I saw a couple references online that original 1860 Henrys lacked a half-cock notch.

Anyway, since I originally posted, I got a private message on another forum from an Uberti Henry owner. It does have a half-cock notch on the hammer.
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

Yes....half-cock is there on the Uberti 1860.
:wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

What the 1860 & 1866 lack & the 1873 introduced was a trigger block safety. Same on the originals & the Uberti versions.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

I have a Uberti 1860 Henry Trapper model that I bought in 2001 and it does have a half cock notch.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Some old early drawings and information stated that the early Henry rifles didnt have a half cock, I believe it was added at some pint, but am not positive if and when. I'm sure the 1866s had a half cock.

Griff wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 am What the 1860 & 1866 lack & the 1873 introduced was a trigger block safety. Same on the originals & the Uberti versions.
Danged panty waist left wing lawyers responsible no doubt!! :)
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?