A couple of new 9mm's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

A couple of new 9mm's

Post by 2ndovc »

I picked up a couple of new 9 mm's this week. My dad has a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm that I've shot several times and really liked how accurate it is. I was going to order one for myself when I found this 9mm Target Model and bought one. Friday, I stopped by a shop I haven't been in for a year or so and was pleasantly surprised to find a CZ 85B in the used pistol cabinet that someone had ordered, shot it once and ordered something else. Made an offer on it and away I went. Should have time to get out and shoot them both in the next couple of days.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A couple of new 9mm's

Post by 3leggedturtle »

CZ’s are real good shooting pistols, and I want a 1911 in 9mm so bad I’m ready to sell a few things off. Bet you’ll be happy with how they both shoot. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Those are dandy as heck.
I've got the 9mm Range Officer but in Blue (black?). I haven't shot a lot this year, but it's a real dandy and I'd keep it over my Para 1911 .45acp.
Have you tried loading a mag for it yet?
Get an UpLula because unless you have the strength of Samson you'll need it for those single stacks.
I could sell these to friends and be confident they'd really like them.

http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Nice finds as they are both great guns.
It is not the critic who counts
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

BlaineG wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:06 pm Those are dandy as heck.
I've got the 9mm Range Officer but in Blue (black?). I haven't shot a lot this year, but it's a real dandy and I'd keep it over my Para 1911 .45acp.
Have you tried loading a mag for it yet?
Get an UpLula because unless you have the strength of Samson you'll need it for those single stacks.
I could sell these to friends and be confident they'd really like them.

http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/
That's funny, I thought I was doing something wrong. :lol: Yes, they are a bit stiff. I ordered a couple more magazines for both of them. I'll have to order one of those loaders next time I need some stuff.

jb 8)

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have a Springfield just like yours and four Glocks ,all 9mm. They are all good shooters but the Springfield is the tops.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang Jason...your not on a "roll" like I said before...more like a "nuclear powered roll"......keep on smokin' dude....good choices!----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

My son and I tried out about a dozen 9 semi-autos at a local indoor range. The Springfield 1911 was the one I did best with, by far. In the end, my son selected a Ruger revolver in 9 instead of a semi-auto; dad feels he's raised him well. :)
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The CZ85 is the best fitting handgun I've ever held! Had one years ago and foolishly sold it. Not even sure why, as I loved the feel, and accuracy of that gun. Never got around to finding another, but now my interest is peaked by yours and I better begin looking again!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:43 pm Dang Jason...your not on a "roll" like I said before...more like a "nuclear powered roll"......keep on smokin' dude....good choices!----6
Yeah, I've been on a bit of a tear lately. Life's been good, what can I say?

I picked this little beauty up last week at a little show. It's a Venezuelan FN 24/30 Cavalry Carbine in 7x57. Matching numbers, no import marks and a
perfect bore.
I love the South American Mausers, so many variations that you could spend a lifetime chasing them all. :D

jb 8)

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

That's also likely a very accurate Mauser too! I've owned a few in 7x57 and 8x57, and all were very accurate, and well made.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Looks like you got a real winner on that one. I have owned and shot a lot of Mauser rifles but not one in the safe now.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:08 pm That's also likely a very accurate Mauser too! I've owned a few in 7x57 and 8x57, and all were very accurate, and well made.
Big fan of the 7mm. I've had several but just two now. I have an 08/34 Brazilian Cavalry carbine that I have for years. I was very happy that one had survived the purge when I found what had happened while in the hospital. Fortunately, no one knew what it was or worth.

jb 8)

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

2ndovc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:55 am I picked this little beauty up last week at a little show. It's a Venezuelan FN 24/30 Cavalry Carbine in 7x57. Matching numbers, no import marks and a perfect bore.
I love the South American Mausers, so many variations that you could spend a lifetime chasing them all. :D
Ya done good on that.....most EVERY 7mm South American Mauser I've ever handled has been junk......when you find one with a nice bore, especially a carbine........you hit the jackpot. For a few years I was after a Rem. RB in 7mm and while I found a few that looked good...on the outside...the insides were toast.

Sometimes we all need to live to 200 to "have em all" :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD