Time for some more pressure

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Time for some more pressure

Post by Rusty »

Given the latest school shooting and all the pushback we're getting from the media I think it's time for gun owners to start their own pushback. It's time to buy an NRA membership for friends and family. I'm signing my wife up tonight. Here's a link where you can get a discount.

https://membership.nra.org/Hickok45/Join
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Time for some more pressure

Post by crs »

My wife and both kids are already life members.
Guess I can give grandson a life membership .
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I wouldn't ever buy myself a life membership but I do the annual. At my age I don't even buy green bananas.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rusty wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:41 pm I wouldn't ever buy myself a life membership but I do the annual. At my age I don't even buy green bananas.
I have a life membership, but I signed up for an 'annual' one for each kid and pay it for them; more cash flow than no life membership alone would bring in for them.

ALSO..........Please don't just join the NRA; participate....!

In other words.... WRITE legislators BEFORE they endorse bad proposals they will hesitate to un-support. Better to educate them up-front as to what is acceptable and what isn't.

Also write your local newspapers and talk to others and get them to 'particpate'.

One of the reasons we have these problems is that 99% of 'gun owners' are too lazy to even particpate in the political process.....in other words WE are part of the problem..... :| :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

The more memberships the better but, we all need to contribute to the ILA. They do the political work.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And here I was, expecting pictures of sooty cases! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Griff wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm And here I was, expecting pictures of sooty cases! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Yep....could've been that, too.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

There's more work to be done, what with today's announcements that several partners of the NRA like 1st Natn'l Bank of Omaha (NRA Visa), Hertz/Alamo/Enterprise/National (discounted car rentals), MetLife (insurance), and Symantec (internet security) severing/ending their relationships with the NRA starting in about 30 days - plus the hater's starting a "Boycott the NRA" program to convince the other several dozen NRA partners to sever their ties to the NRA.

I've already messaged every one of them to the effect that myself, and as many friends & acquaintances I can convince to, will likewise sever our relationships with their various business'.

Gun owners need to suck it up, and spend the extra money/time/effort to give their whatever "business" (banking, credit card, internet purchases & more) to entities that are at least neutral, or (preferably) pro-gun after all - what exactly is the cost of freedom ?

Last edited by Pete44ru on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I put my eggs in one basket...The NRA .....I'm paid up to sometime in the 2030's and with the NRA competitive shooting and personal contributions I'm involved in, well, that's another couple of c notes. I spread the word amap.......and openly humiliate on fellow gun owners who are too cheap to belong to the NRA but drive $50,000 pick up trucks.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Memberships are important to show our numbers but, membership dues can not be used politically.
That is why the NRA has a political action committee, The NRA-ILA.
Even life members should at least contribute annual dues to the ILA with or without a raffle entry.