76 F in February!?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

76 F in February!?

#1 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Blue bird skies, 76 degrees here today.
I decided to put my fly rod together and go hit the river.
Lost 2 wild browns, each about 5-6" long. But I finally caught and landed a decent rainbow about 12-14". I try my best to not handle trout so all ya get are net pics!
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

Re: 76 F in February!?

#2 Post by Pitchy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:38 pm

:P
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.

Pete44ru
Posting leader...

#3 Post by Pete44ru » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:01 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm
I try my best to not handle trout so all ya get are net pics !
Nice fish - but I'm curious why you try to avoid handling trout - unless (of course) you're doing "catch & release".

Catch & release is what one of my friends seems to do with deer..... ;) . :mrgreen:

IF IN THESE TYMES OF JEOPARDY,
MORTAL PERIL INVADES THY THOUGHT,
TAKE UP THIS TRVSTY PIECE,
TRVST IN THY GOD, AND FEAR THEE NAUGHT.

(The avatar is me, in 1948 ! )

Ray
Levergunner 3.0

#4 Post by Ray » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Pete44ru wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:01 pm
GunnyMack wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm
I try my best to not handle trout so all ya get are net pics !
Nice fish - but I'm curious why you try to avoid handling trout - unless (of course) you're doing "catch & release".

Catch & release is what one of my friends seems to do with deer..... ;) . :mrgreen:

Ever see charlie brown fly a kite or place kick a football in the Sunday comics ? Well that is how I hunt deer....I invented the sport of shoot and release deer hunting....

When the kids were little and were asked what they aspired to be when they grew-up they would often reciprocate the question and ask me the same....
My reply would always be " all I want to be when I grow up is a consistently successful deer hunter! " .... For many years, until nearly adulthood, they thought that that was a viable, prosperous vocational possibility.....

Sorry to drift Mack....nice trout....and I certainly understand the hesitancy of handling them....the one and only one I have ever caught I handled and unhooked just like any other fish and, though I was gentle, the live release was unsuccessful....
m.A.g.a. !

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:02 am

Yes I'm all catch and release. I have killed more than my share of fish over the years.

Now shoot & release deer hunting sounds like REAL sport! Yeah I've lost a few over the years but most went into the freezer!!