Is the tang on.the angle eject the same as the regular 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

Is the tang on.the angle eject the same as the regular 94

Post by dgr416 »

I want to put a Boyds laminated stock on my big bore 94 444 wood stock angle eject Winchester ? I called Boyes they didn't even know .I think the Boyds stock will hold up way better and I.Can hunt.with it without worrying about the fancy wood stock .The extra weight of the laminated stock will help to .I want this little carbine to be tough as nails !
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Is the tang on.the angle eject the same as the regular 94

Post by Pete44ru »

The buttstocks will interchange, but the FE may not, due to barrel contour.

Sometimes, though, some minor fitting may be req'd, due to manufacturing tolerances.

FWIW, I've hunted hard for many years (like 40) with high grade rifles & shotguns (wood & metal), and they still look like new because I take care not to lean them against vehicles, use them for literally beating the brush, or as a stream-crossing aid/crutch - so, I would never consider switching out stocks for hunting. :mrgreen: