Sig Sauer 238

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Sig Sauer 238

Post by Old Savage »

Took this out for the first time. My daughter had purchased a Bersa Firestorm and wanted to shoot it. We went to A Place To Shoot owned by a good friend. She had the opportunity to try her gun, mine, a Beretta 87 and a Sig Sauer 232. That turned out to be very useful for her. She ended up liking hers the best, the 238 next then the 232 and the Beretta least. So, now she knows from experience. I also took a long a PPKs and she saw that can be finicky.

I shot one Mag with mine to see where it shot then a second to see how I shot with it. Pleased with the results and it has the lightest recoil of any .380 in my experience.

Here is the second group at 10 yds.

The first is with the gun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Sig Sauer 238

Post by Old Savage »

Took along a Ruger .32 Mag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That looks like it will get the job done if called upon. 8)
Glad to hear that you got some range time in with your daughter too. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

My wife decided to get her CCL two years ago and she said she wanted her own gun. She shopped and came home with a Sig 238 with night sights and really likes it. I am amazed in the fact that the sights glow bright even after a month in her liberty box. The only thing she didn't like about it, was the color of the grips so last summer on a return trip from Maine she stopped a Sig academy in New Hampshire and bought a set of Rose woods for it. Pretty guns for Pretty girls I guess LOL.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I have carried one in a Galco pocket holster for several years, shoot it maybe 400 rounds a year.
Very pleased with it.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Had a 238, traded it for a 928 (same gun except in 9mm) , happy now.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

My wife and I recently added to our concealed carry selection:
Her Sig 238 and my SA XDe9:

Sig has smoothest and easiest slide operation of any .380 I have handled - one of the reasons my wife chose it.
Both pistols are very accurate and easy to shoot at personal defense distances.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I like the feel and size of the 238; but I like the way my Baby Rock shoots even more. 10 yards, standing, two-hand hold. 14 shots, 7 Tulammo 91 gr. FMJ (the outliers), and 7 Winchester 95 gr. JHPs. The Baby Rock is not a true pocket pistol, at best a "coat-pocket pistol", but very sweet as a holster gun.