Gifted hobbyist wanted

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Gifted hobbyist wanted

Post by Naphtali »

Moderator: If you believe this is in the wrong sub-forum, please move it to where it belongs.

My Custom Rossi 92 lever action sporting rifle is back in my possession. And, yes, it is in "needs a whole bunch of work" condition. My heart is no longer invested in my perfectly conceived rifle. Now, I'll settle for getting it in decent working order. The first two things that need be done are finishing the rifle stock, and installing a tang sight.

Having been emotionally mauled by a recommended lever action gunsmith, I want to try a different method - if it's possible. I live in Missoula County, Montana. What I seek is a gifted hobbyist who can finish my rifle's stock. If that hobbyist can drill & tap my tang a second time, since the first time was a bizarre choice, even better. However, having the sight work down separately is not a big deal. If I had to identify a gifted hobbyist class, I think of people who complete muzzleloading gun kits - kits they assembly from Track of the Wolf, et al., or kits whose contents are parts complete and partially completed. The hobbyist(s) I seek would be in western Montana, preferably west of the Divide.

What I'm trying to do includes:
- Having acceptable work done at a reasonable cost.

- Having control over my possession of my rifle. The triggering action by my recommended lever action gunsmith was his refusal to return the rifle, then ceasing all communication with me. Being within reasonable driving distance allows us to get acquainted and keep in reasonable contact.

- Having lower expectations of finished rifle stock, I'll be content with what I would not have been content with when I first conceived my project.
Anyone who can, please furnish my contact information to the hobbyist, or PM me with the hobbyist's contact information.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gifted hobbyist wanted

Post by Pete44ru »

Please check your PM's. :)

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I would think you should call Steve for some straight talk with a man that knows 92's
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

I shall have Ric Carter do the wood. I'm thinking that having the tang sight made right comes first. I'm pretty sure this is routine for a local gunsmith - such as Accu Arms.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson