Barrel threads on Chaparral 1876 Rifle?... and ASM 1892?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kb466
Levergunner

Barrel threads on Chaparral 1876 Rifle?... and ASM 1892?

Post by kb466 »

I have an old considerably reworked Chaparral 1876 rifle that I am thinking I will rebarrel with a new .45-75 Barrel. My question is whether the barrel threads on a Chaparral are the same as original Winchester? I have been told they are, as the other screw threads seem to be, but want to confirm. Also, is the barrel shank on the Chaparral the earlier “small shank” or the more common “large shank”?
Also, I have a similarly reworked ASM 1892 barreled Receiver and I am thinking of rebarreling in .44-40. Same question— I just want to confirm that the barrel threads are the same as an original Winchester; again as I have been told. Thanks!
Bill M.
kb466
Levergunner

Re: Barrel threads on Chaparral 1876 Rifle?... and ASM 1892?

Post by kb466 »

I just realized that Steve of Steve’s Gunz had confirmed to me that the ASM 1892 Barrel threads are the same as the original Winchester, so that question is answered.

But, I’m still wondering about the Chaparral 1876 Barrel threads? Are they also the same as the original Winchester?— as I have been told? Thanks!
Bill M.