For Six's pleasure

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

For Six's pleasure

Post by Bronco »

Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: For Six's pleasure

Post by Sixgun »

Bronco,
Oh man ....that baby is on my dream list... :D ....
...I've read about them and from what I read they are chambered in some Dutch caliber.....

I've had my hands on several real deal full auto BAR's.........(mine is semi auto).....and they could have been mine had I been willing to part with the $35g's that was the asking price but beings that a years salary....when I was working.... was just a bit over that, well, it was not going to happen.

I really wish I had the bucks back in the seventies and eighties when full autos were cheap...cheap.....Thompson's were a grand.....m-16's, ac556, m-2,Reisings, S&W 76's...all were under a grand...but..at the same time nice 1886's and single action Colts were $400.......and no nasty paperwork, so I bought them instead. Even a nice 73 could be had for 5...92's and 94's were a buck and a half to three........oh well...........no sense crying 'bout it.

Thanks Bronco...now I'm going to have nightmares tonight. :lol: ----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got good news for you bud! Julia's sold out to an auction house down by you!
He has an incredible business vut his wife has terminal brain cancer and he wants to spend his time with her. I can understand that, but I will miss having this place just 20 miles down the road. I have got to see things a Maine hick would never see otherwise.
This spring auction will be his last. :(
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

OldWin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:38 amJulia's sold out to an auction house down by you... This spring auction will be his last.
I hope the fellow in the Forgotten Weapons videos follows the company. He does a nice job with those.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I believe part of the agreement was to provide for employees. Not sure in what manner but I know the two owners were known to each other and on friendly terms.
He sold to Morphy Auctions.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I think Six should buy that one and give me his semi auto :P
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pitchy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm I think Six should buy that one and give me his semi auto :P
Haha good idea buddy! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Pitchy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm I think Six should buy that one and give me his semi auto :P

Yea...pass me the bucks...... :D .........I'm just a (was) a factory peon forklift driver with an income that never went over 45k........
My guns were an accumulation since the seventies when this stuff was cheap and I had an interest. You know....kinda like playing the stock market and accumulating wealth over time with little outlay.......

Yea...I love flattop Rugers, early single action Colts, and pre war n frame Smiths......yea, a few Winchesters too. :D I got all of the early flattops in both calibers and barrel lengths
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Heck I`ve never made over 12,000 a year in my life, money ain`t the thing its fighting the good fight that`s important.
There must be a pay off in the end I recon.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thought of You Six, saw a 1886 in 38/56 26" octagon barrel that was made in 1889. Was only $5699. But I used up my points at Cabelas so was a little short. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pitchy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm Heck I`ve never made over 12,000 a year in my life, money ain`t the thing its fighting the good fight that`s important.
There must be a pay off in the end I recon.
The measure of a life is in how many other people you helped, and how you treated the planet and its other inhabitants. God doesn't tally money; money is just an abstraction man invented for trade purposes. Money is definitely fun, and important, but not how you measure life's worth.

(O'course when we buy guns and shoot them, we are helping other people, by saving them all that time and money they'd have had to spend doing that themselves when they could have been out helping others themselves.... :D )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Doc,
So very true but as the years went by I've become very cynical of humans. Yea....we all have personal horror stories. In my 43 years as a Teamster, I had to worry more about my fellow employees than I did management.

Fully HALF of my pension money goes to taking care of our animals.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

In September of 1973 I had 4 BARs, 4 Thompson's and 8 M-1 Garands in the back of my little Chevy Vega. Well above the pay level for an E-5 sailor! I was sad to seem them go.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:01 pm In September of 1973 I had 4 BARs, 4 Thompson's and 8 M-1 Garands in the back of my little Chevy Vega. Well above the pay level for an E-5 sailor! I was sad to seem them go.
Yea Griff......and the BAR's and Thompsons you had were not the sissy semi stuff....
Bet you wish you could go back and somehow have them today.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

As Don Quixote sang to dream the impossible dream!
If your going to dream ya might as well dream big. Full auto BAR or Thompson.. a dream since I had a Mattel plastic Thompson, when I was just a squirt! Sure could burn up the caps with that :D
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !