Buffalo Bill Commemorative 94 short rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Papaw
Levergunner

Buffalo Bill Commemorative 94 short rifle

Post by Papaw »

My Cabelas finally had a Henry single shot I could look at, been very interested. It was .223' looking for a .308. it was not impressive but$379. I'm not interested anymore. Too bad. The good news is, they bought a private collection ofLeverguns (83 of them) took the Winchester home fo $499. Unfired, perfect condition. Around my neck of the woods, ragged out 94 go for $400.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Buffalo Bill Commemorative 94 short rifle

Post by Pete44ru »

Welcome to the fire, pawpaw !

Those 20" octagon Buffalo Bill Model 94 commemorative's handle much better than the long barreled version, but there's a caveat with them.

The receivers are black chromed, which will flake off in a New York Minute if care isn't taken when using sharp-edged tools (like screwdrivers) around them (as if/when installing a receiver peepsight).

Papaw
Levergunner

Post by Papaw »

Thanks for the heads up. I wondered why the blue was so dark. I will be careful. I've been wanting a 94 for a long time, but couldn't find one without a safety that I could really afford, and certainly couldn't find a pre 64 at a good price.

Thanks for the welcome!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Welcome to the fire Papaw. I think you'll like that '94 plenty once you get used to it.

There used to be a member her on the forum many moons ago who has now passed on but he had and has a website http://castbullet.com/
He used to talk about his times with "Old Bill" as he called it. One just like yours. His daughter keeps the site alive in his honor and you might find the articles worth reading.
Glad you found us.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Hey Papaw, welcome to the great bunch of levergunners. What caliber is your new Winchester?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Image and welcome to THE Forum! I have it's older brother, the '66 Centennial. I drilled & tapped the upper tang for a peep and installed a Lyman 17A front site. Haven't done any paper punchin' with it since, but have dinged some steel out to about 150 yards testing some powder coated bullets. It was about "minute of deer" with the factory sights @ 100; about the best I can do with open sights anymore.

I really like the 20" octagon these come with.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Good find, Welcome to the site.
It is not the critic who counts