new to me Glock 26 Gen.5

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

new to me Glock 26 Gen.5

Post by 1894c »

Hi-- just picked up the latest version of the Glock 26. I've been carrying a Glock 26 since 1996, I've had them all Gen 2.5/3/4 and now 5. Taking it to the range this Friday to see how it shoots. This Glock version has 20 parts and design changes (modifying "Perfection"). The changes to this Glock really surprised me, but they also make sense. I tried for three years to like the single-stacks (G-43, Walther PPS, and M&P Shield), but in the end, it's the Glock 26 and the Ruger LCR .357 Mag that simply works for me... :)

P.S. -- I am also very thankful for the Glock LE "blue-label" program, it really helps the budget.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 1894c on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: new to me Glock 26 Gen.5

Post by piller »

I like the idea of the Gen 5 using a more traditional rifling. Do you find it to be any more accurate?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a Gen 3 and like it. I've heard the 26 is the most accurate of all the 9s.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Rusty wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm I have a Gen 3 and like it. I've heard the 26 is the most accurate of all the 9s.
I have a Gen 3 26 as well. For whatever reason I shoot it better than my 19 and 17. I have a 9mm Shield that I do like but I'd rather have my G 26. I've been wanting a 34 but I'm waiting until I see one of the new G 5's.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I can shoot better with my 26 (gen 3) than I can with my 17 (gen 4) and than I could with my old 19. I also have the 42 and 43. I like them for their better concealability, but no, they are not as versatile as the full size frames.

I just do not like gen 4 and 5 mag release as well as I do the gen 3 version.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I believe it was Mas Ayoob that wrote an article about the better accuracy with the 26 than the other 9s. IIRC he attributed it to the shorter barrel being stiffer. I'm wondering if that's the case would a G23 in .40 cal be more accurate if you put a 9mm conversion barrel in it. I have a conversion barrel here, I just haven't been shooting since my surgery.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Shot over 200+ rounds of 9mm through the Glock 26 Gen.5, it shot as good, as accurate, as any other G-26 Gen 2.5/3/4 that I've owned... :)