What a rifle!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

What a rifle!!!

Post by wvfarrier »

The local Sportsmans Warehouse has a new Winchester 1873 in 357 mag. Case hardened with beautiful wood. The action was as nice as my tuned Win 94. Looks almost as nice as the deluxe models. I fondled it for a bit and told it how much i loved it.....the salesman seemed a bit uncomfortable. Sure wish i couldve brought it home.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What a rifle!!!

Post by earlmck »

"Say for what were credit cards meant?" (to near-quote a wise poet).
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

earlmck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:35 pm"Say for what were credit cards meant?" (to near-quote a wise poet).
Yep, surely they were meant to satisfy that urgent need of a "insert your heart's desire here"!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

.....ya shoulda taken a PICTURE....!!!! :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

I'm not an expert on '73s, but I thought the lock up was a bit weak for prolonged use with magnums? :?
Merle from PA
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Your local credit union should be able to fix you up with a nice little loan. :D
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

A few weeks ago I seen one in Cheyenne at Sportsmans, it was in 44-40 & very well put together with a lot of color
its been on my mind ALOT!! I may be in trouble

Brad
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Brad buddy,.coming to this group of enablers will NOT get you out of trouble, he77 you will probably end up in more trouble after telling us. Send pics of that new 44-40, when you get her home
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Merle wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm I'm not an expert on '73s, but I thought the lock up was a bit weak for prolonged use with magnums? :?
He's talking about a modern rifle,less than 2 years old construction, built for .357 magnum.
Not 44 magnum. Not .45 Colt +P+

I have one and it's great.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

vancelw wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:26 pm
He's talking about a modern rifle,less than 2 years old construction, built for .357 magnum.

Yeah, rub it in! :mrgreen:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I have 2 of the Uberties, well one is Esperanza's. Both 44-40 but I had the hankerin' for a SRC so I bought a real Winchester which I am having trouble getting to shoot decent groups. Only thing I haven't tried is changing shooters. Yeah, I guess it could be me. It was made in 1896 and was rode hard and ---you know the rest.

I even changed the barrel to one that actually looks pretty good. Gotta try some gas checks in it.

Last edited by M. M. Wright on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

vancelw wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:26 pm
Merle wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm I'm not an expert on '73s, but I thought the lock up was a bit weak for prolonged use with magnums? :?

I know it is a new rifle, but I thought the locking toggles were a bit small for extensive use.
Merle from PA
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I really doubt that a gun company would put a product on the market if it would not handle all factory ammo with out any warnings about it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I think that '73 in .357 could stand a lifetime of shooting. Uberti has sold their model '73 in .44 magnum for at least a year and it tells Me there is a lot more strength in a modern toggle-link action than We have previously thought..https://www.gunbroker.com/item/744989528