Take the "Redneck Engineering Challenge"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

No offense, but I suspect some of the gang here would score well on this! :wink:

Old No7

1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10 pound possum.

2. Which of these cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard?
..... A '65 Ford Fairlane
..... B '69 Chevrolet Chevelle
..... C '64 Pontiac GTO

3. If your uncle builds a still which operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of shine produced per hour, how many car radiators are required to condense the product?

4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw which operates at 2,700 RPM. The density of the pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many beers will be drunk before all the trees are cut down?

5. A front porch is constructed of 2"x8" pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1-inch rough pine. When the porch collapses, how many dogs will be killed?

6. A man owns a Kentucky house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown children place a mobile home on the man's land and still have enough property for their electric appliances to sit out front?

7. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a steep slope on a secondary road at 45 MPH. The brakes fail... Given average traffic conditions on secondary roads, what is the probability that it will strike a vehicle with a muffler?

8. With a gene-pool reduction of -7.5% per generation, how long will it take a town which has been bypassed by the Interstate to breed a country western singer?

As an added bonus for taking the "REDNECK CHALLENGE", here's some advice that may come in handy down the road...

Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop, place an order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home!
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Re: Take the "Redneck Engineering Challenge"

Post by Thunder50 »

Lets see
a--3/4"
b--the Ford
c--two truck or three car
d--all will never be cut down, not enough beer
e--all of them
f--yes
g--50-50
h--3 years

how did I do???
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Thunder50 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:14 am
Lets see

2--the Ford

No word a lie - my '65 Ford turned into a rust bucket...... :roll:

5-- Just the porch dogs........... :mrgreen:

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

In response to No.5, 2"x8" joists, 24" O/C. with a 1" (AKA 5/4) decking is perfectly acceptable so no dogs will be injured. They know better than to jeopardize K9 safety! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The one with the pizza is beyond redneck thinking...I like it......for any reason to get home or anywhere you need to go in a hurry. There are pizza shops all over in my area and for what, $20 you could be there in nothing flat. Plus, you get to eat too!---6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The one about the moonshine, two Ford F150 or 3 Chevy 1500 pickup, or 2 Dodge 1500 pickup radiators. Can't use Porsche radiators at all. Wrong material. Can't use VW beetle radiators. :wink:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

my pal down in Alabama, he says for all'y'all to check this out .......

The feed conveyor at the coal mine breaks down for three hours. How many packs of Camels will be smoked?

How many boys at the high school dance used a 'Slim Jim' snack as a breath freshener?

All cars have odometers, so what do they use in Alabama to measure distance?

A tornado warning has been issued for XYZ county. How long can you stay in bed before getting up to take shelter?

You fill the cargo box of your truck with firewood. How much more is the truck worth?

How long can you leave three dozen minnows in the bathtub before having to change the water?

In which counties in Alabama is it legal to use your belt buckle as a form of identification?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those are great, too.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I think it's all of the counties north of Huntsville.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15