Gunbroker ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Plottman
Levergunner 1.0

Gunbroker ?

Post by Plottman »

Has any one ever had bad, unresolved, experience with Gunbroker auctions ? Like description didn't match model delivered, or firearm not as described ?
Stevie
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Gunbroker ?

Post by Stevie »

Nothing that was unresolved...I have had a couple experiences with sellers on 'no reserve' auctions that I won for cheap...and then suddenly they 'don't have' the firearm or there is something 'wrong' with it. My guess both instances of that are that the guns did not bring what the seller expected and they simply lied to nullify the auction. I've pretty much been happy and satisfied otherwise. Both those experiences were GunBroker auctions

I've bought quite a few guns, accessories and parts on both GunBroker and Auction Arms and there have been some issues. I once bought a Russian M1895 revolver and a M38 carbine from the same fellow..who promised the exact gun pictured in the auctions...well he sent a Russin M38 in a M44 stock when I had won the bid on a M38 wearing an M38 stock...we settled on a deal where I kept the M38 he sent and he sent me a partial refund on the purchase. That was Auction Arms

Another Auction Arms auction that got sort of wonky was a bid I won on a Czech M98/22 rifle...I won the auction and touched base with the guy(who had excellent feed-back)...I sent payment to his listed address...and waited and waited and waited. I called the guy and asked about it..and he said he had not received payment??...He called back a day or so later and turns out that apparently just as soon as I had won the auction and sent payment..the seller and his wife had decided to divorce..and I had sent the payment to his soon to be ex-wife who had not bothered to pass it on...I got my long Mauser but it took a good solid month because of the sellers deteriorating personal situation.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I bought a NIB gun once to find out it wasn't. Gunbroker was useless in attempting to resolve it, so I ended up paying a little more than I would have for a lightly used gun. Later, all the guy's other auction descriptions changed from NIB to "fired a few rounds"

My other issue was with a silly California buyer who ended my auction with the Buy It Now feature, only to weasel out when his FFL told him it was illegal in his State. Then he gave ME negative feedback for his mistake. Took a month to sort out all the fees and feedback. I never use Buy It Now anymore for that reason.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have had very good luck with gunbroker. All items were as described and good transactions, ARMSLIST is a whole other story.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not a bad experience here but very much surprised.
I 'won'( I was the only bidder) an auction, CZ Bobwhite .410.
The sellers photos were NOT the gun I got! The pics had a gun with very bland English walnut, the gun I got has VERY nice figured Turkish.
My only complaint with the gun is it had terrible trigger pull weights, 11 lbs & 10.5 lbs. After much polishing the inside of the receiver I have the pulls down to about 5&1/2 lbs without even touching the sears.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

fordwannabe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:22 pm I have had very good luck with gunbroker. All items were as described and good transactions, ARMSLIST is a whole other story.
I haven't been on Armlist for years....I was looking for a certain rifle and I tried to buy 3 times from Armlist, Figured out they were all scams before it cost me money.
When Facebook had guntrading running rampant, there were lots of Nigerian Scams going. You'd see stuff posted for sale that the photos matched guns that had previously sold online somewhere. That's why now, unless I have dealt with a person before or know them, I ask for a photo of them, the gun, and their DL all in the same photo. (They can block out their DL number if they want) . I get that photo before any money leaves my hand.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Over only a couple of dozen GB sales/purchases, I (almost) had a single issue - and that was with a buyer.

Some fella won my auction, then sent me a copy of his dealer's FFL - only.

When I contacted him, he said he put the cash (about $400) in the same envelope - which arrived un-molested & empty, save for the FFL copy.

Needless to say, when I told him I wasn't going to ship the gun, he didn't say squat - and I never heard about it again, even from Gunbroker (like I would have if he complained to them).