NOE Bullet sizing die

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

NOE Bullet sizing die

Post by fordwannabe »

Hello all, I am in need of an oddball .376 sizing die, and Lee precision will make me one for $38 plus shipping with approximately a 6 week wait. I have several they custom made for me and am quite happy except for the 6 week wait. I looked at the NOE bullet sizing setup and it seems like it would be more of an initial investment but if I needed other oddball sizes in the future it MIGHT work in my favor. I much prefer the push through style die. Has anybody used the NOE setup and how do you like it? Thank you for your opinions. Tom
Last edited by fordwannabe on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NOE Bullet sizing die

Post by earlmck »

Yes, I've been using several different sizes for a couple of years. They work just like the Lee, in fact you need one of the Lee holders if you want to catch the bullets as they accumulate.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Over on castboolits.gunloads.com you can get ahold of "lathesmith" and he will make you whatever you want. Would a .377" work for you??
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I will check with Lathesmith, thank you. I have a .377 but Jesse from Jes reboring stated he recrecommends a .376 an sinve he did the rebore I figured I better go with his suggestion. Thanks.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I made my own bushing style sizing die. The die body does not need to be hardened,only the bushings , that I make out of O1
Drill rod. So far I have bushings in .510 and .381 . It's nice to have a lathe.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yes having a lathe would be Great, but by the time I buy a lathe, learn to use it, and buy a bigger house/garage to put it in probably cheaper to pay someone else to do it. But I want one.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Having a lathe is really nice. My old one is a Regal LeBlond from circa 1898. Was the first machine bought at Oklahoma State University when the school was started. Too I have a Smithy, combo mill and lathe and I just bought a chuck to use 5C collets. Great little machine.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:37 pm I will check with Lathesmith, thank you. I have a .377 but Jesse from Jes reboring stated he recrecommends a .376 an sinve he did the rebore I figured I better go with his suggestion. Thanks.
The only reason for using .376 rather than .377 is if the .377 bullet causes a loaded cartridge to be a tight fit in the chamber. Give her a try and if the .377 sized bullets chamber OK then you are good to go with your .377 sizer.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks Earl. How are you lubing the bullets before sizing with the NOE. I have been using Bens red for some and LLA for others depending on what it is.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I've used mine for sizing both the Liquid Alox lubed and powder coated bullets. And also for reducing the diameter of my .314 32/20 bullet on down to .309 or .310 for 30 cal rifles.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry