I failed the test....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I failed the test....

Post by AJMD429 »

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 9.01.54 PM.png
I think I remember seeing one of these as a kid, but don't remember what it was for..... :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: I failed the test....

Post by Sixgun »

Doc,
That looks like some kind of a body cavity opener.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

It's a hand vise. Used to hold small parts while making/working on them. The screw that tightens the jaws is not in the picture and would be in the bottom of the frame if the photo had been taken right.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Now that you mention that, I think it was in a very old (1880's-vintage) tackle box, so maybe it was for fly-tying....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I have several like this and others very similar gathering rust in my shop. They were commonly used by watchmakers and jewelers in the old days. I find they are useless as hell for my purposes (lutherie) I use small machinist vises instead clamped in a larger instrument vise. I had to stop buying old tools at one point, to try and halt the clutter.