Making America great again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Making America great again

Post by jnyork »

Our club in Lander WY has a very nice indoor range, eight firing points, all NRA and OHSA approved, etc. The local 4H club uses the range a couple afternoons a week for their rifle and pistol marksmanship program. In an email this morning, a friend related to me that we had to expand the 4H use to three afternoons because they now have 44 kids in the program as opposed to only 20 last season.

Three cheers for the Real Americans who will devote their time and energies to providing programs like this to our children. Can you imagine running a rifle and pistol program for 44 youngsters?

These kids attend several competitions a year around the state and some to Colorado, and they win more often than not.

If you have 4H in your area and a youngster or some interested in shooting, check them out, it is a very fine program.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Making America great again

Post by GunnyMack »

Years ago I worked with a 4H group, we traveled around competing against other groups. Some of those kids were very good shooters!
Nice to see your club is stepping up as well as those parents!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Making America great again

Post by AJMD429 »

From what I've seen, 4-H is WAY BETTER than 'Boy Scouts' in terms of their political leanings (or lack of)....

Perhaps it is just because Boy Scouts USA has been attacked more severely and more often, but I DEFINITELY think supporting the 4-H programs is good, particularly (of course) the 'shooting sports....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "