Might want to bookmark this

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Might want to bookmark this

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I hadn't thought of Babe Winkelman in years, but it turns out he has a really good Web site on tick-borne diseases -- nasty stuff!

https://winkelman.com/tick-borne-illnes ... on-center/
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Might want to bookmark this

Post by Richardx »

Thanks, Bill the ticks love me. I think sometimes i give them to the dog.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's been rumored that Lyme is NOT a naturally occurring disease but was developed by our military... Supposedly it was developed from syphilis.
Lyme however has the ability to mimic many different health problems.
Ticks are one critter that should be eradicated from the face of the planet none the less!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Over-use of antibiotics IS a problem, but the worst situations are:

a) docs prescribing a single antibiotic at 'moderate' (typically actually LOW) doses for a full 10-day course
b) livestock using antibiotic-laced feed
c) hospitals where people using the same rooms and equipment over and over are on antibiotics

The rules are all different for those without good immune systems, but for the rest of us:

a) IF you use antibiotics, you should use the highest safe dose, for the shortest possible time (if it isn't killing the organism why continue it and kill your normal/beneficial bacteria?), however
b) for Lyme it seems that one dose of doxycycline every week or two is plenty to stifle the organism, without messing up other 'flora'.

OF COURSE all this information is continually evolving, so "check with your physician" (.....if your physician actually bothers to stay informed and think for him/herself, versus just following whatever 'protocol' the computer software their employing institution tells them to follow.... :roll:....why spend 11-12 years getting a M.D., if you are just going to follow protocols insurance companies, drug companies, and employers who contract with them develop...... :| )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "