Captech/Jamison

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
charlielima
Levergunner

Captech/Jamison

Post by charlielima »

Are they still in business?, no phone answer, email comes back undeliverable, & most everything on web site is listed as "out of stock". I would like to get a few more 50-95 WCF brass but cant find any in stock with anyone ( got last of brass from CTD). Only brass I can find is Bertram stuff & social security retirement funds cant afford $4.00+ each. :?:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Captech/Jamison

Post by Pete44ru »

IDK, but would like to welcome you to the forum !

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Rumor says they are out of business. Sad. Great source for those who shoot obsolete calibers!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I remember something about making it out of .348 brass (which, sadly, is not that easy to find either)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I am sorry to hear this. They made some good stuff.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I made most of my 50_95 WCF cases from 348 Winchester cases and got a few from Buffalo Bore converted from I cannot remember from what cartridge they used.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I read somewhere that they are making brass for Graf's headstamp, such as 25, 30, and 32 Remington. Maybe they just had to stop other production for a bit to fill the huge pent-up demand for these great cartridges!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 pmRumor says they are out of business.
Noooooooo! I read they made Graf's .30-40 brass.

Well, I just went to Graf's to check on Krag brass and am happy to see Hornady is now making it, so I'll be able keep my rolling block going after my Remington brass wears out.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

They did indeed make Graf's brass, but that was done prior to closing. That brass hasn't been around for some time now. Since they haven't answered their business phone, or emails in months; what makes you think they're in business?
Stevie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Stevie »

I had thought Jamison was tied up with government contracts for 40mm grenade launcher brass...but then I didn't realize they had been bought-out by Captech.

The only business I've done with them was for .577/.450 Martini Henry brass and it was not cheap at all! I actually found it cheaper to buy TenX loaded ammunition at $119 per 20 and burn it to get the Jamison made brass. Then I learned myself to convert 24ga CBC shotshells to the caliber for considerably cheaper.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Though Starline had them , but I wasa
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've purchased a fair amount of Jamison/Captech brass over the years. It was some of the best obsolete caliber brass I've ever bought. I tried to get some more about 3-4 months ago, but couldn't get an email reply, or anyone to answer the phone. Sad that they aren't around, but Hornady is beginning to pick up the slack and offer some brass I can use too!
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pmThey did indeed make Graf's brass, but that was done prior to closing. That brass hasn't been around for some time now.
Graf's still shows .25, .30, and .32 Rem as well as .30-40 in stock with their headstamp. If anyone is shooting those, it might be a good time to stock up. As for me, I have a couple hundred Rem. Krag cases on hand, but the Hornady is good news for me.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Yes, Graf's does show all those, but I doubt if Jamison made them. I didn't mean to infer that Graf's didn't have the brass, only that it was not made by Jamison any longer.
264 Win Mag
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 264 Win Mag »

This is bad news. They specialized in cartridges nobody else was making and I found the product to be very consistent. I got all my 375 Winchester and 300 Savage from them when it was nowhere else to be found.

Thomas
southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

Yes, bad news. I am glad that i bought my 40-82 Winchester brass from them when i did. But I would have bought more if I knew they would be shutting their doors. They must still have inventory somewhere. Anybody know where their inventory went?