THANKS DAD.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

THANKS DAD.

Post by fordwannabe »

I woke up this morning feeling off didnt know why until I looked at my phone and noticed the date. I guess I am having a pretty good pity party for myself. 17 years ago today my Dad and best friend went to be with his God. This man taught me lots of stuff growing up, some gently, some hard. The big lessons were, right from wrong and if you're right dont ever back down and say youre wrong, if youre wrong OWN it and say so, you always help someone in need friend or not, your word is the most valuable thing you own, and if God made you that big and strong it was to protect kids, women, old people, and animals
Though I had never heard the phrase until the movie American sniper, he taught the three boys to be sheepdogs. I am very appreciative of the work he put into making us who we are, and really miss him every day but even more today. Getting ready to go investigate an alleged abuse of a little old lady at a nursing home (yeah sheepdog), 6 foot. 1, 290 pounds, have been told I am somewhat hardheaded and crying like a baby
Gotta get ready but thanks for listening. Tom
Last edited by fordwannabe on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: THANKS DAD.

Post by Griff »

Know the feeling. You're not alone brother levergunner.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I too am feeling it, next month will be a year since Dad left us.
It's true, you never get over it.
My deepest condolences.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good man :)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

God stores our tears in a bottle and someday when we get to heaven every one will be replaced with joy.
Sounds like your father was a great man and that you followed in his foot steps. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Very well said; and good luck with the day's challenges.

In 3 weeks and a wake-up, it will be 10 years ago that we lost my dad...

Just remember this...

The men we ARE -- is a result of the men they WERE.

God Bless.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Prayers for you and your dad. Sounds like you are honoring him every day.
The world needs people like that.

I still have my dad, but dread the day. He is much the same, lives right behind me, and is my best friend.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Griff wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:37 am Know the feeling. You're not alone brother levergunner.
+1 it's difficult sometimes but we strive to act how they did when it was their turn to mourn.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

As the day is going on I am half morning, and half embracing how darn lucky we were to have been raised by somebody who cared about us that much. He did not have a grest childhood and made sure we did. I HOPE I did my part passing these things on to my son.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:37 am Know the feeling. You're not alone brother levergunner.
Ain't that the truth.....some things spearhead the heart for a lifetime.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

Lost my dad 39 years ago when he was 56 and yes you never quite get over it. He taught me well and I am thankful to him for that.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

You can tell when someone was raised right. Even those who try to turn away from it can never totally avoid showing it. The ones who turn away always regret it, and have to show the world that they are rebelling against a good upbringing. The ones who accept a good upbringing for what it is will be the sort of person you want as a friend. That is my observation. Fordwannabe, I think your Dad is still proud of you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I hope so. Thanks Pillar.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

We lost my Dad 55 years ago in 1962, I was 24 with a wife and 3 little girls. We had a son in 1966. I did my best to teach all 4 of them everything my Dad taught my brother, sister, and me from manners and respect, shooting safety and the woods. When I sit here at the computer during the day I often looks out at the thick woods and brush and think of walking with him. Pitchy is right about our tears in a bottle. KJV Psalm 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings, put thou my tears into thy bottle, are they not in thy book? That whole Palm is a lot of strength in time of need.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

May God add His Blessing to the reading of His Word.

Thanks Jerry. My Daddy went home to be with the Lord in '99. I could walk into his old shop and still smell him for about 3 years. I took comfort in using his old tools and just being in the same familiar space. Memories of how dumb he was when I was 16 and that he still gets smarter every day even though he has been dead for 19 years.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Just lost my Dad in July. It was hard, but we were lucky enough to have him until he was 90. For years I thought I was lazy because it was so hard to keep up with him. Finally realized that was true leadership and endeavored to do the same with my boys.