H&R Springfield Stalker .45.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

H&R Springfield Stalker .45.

Post by gamekeeper »

As I keep seeing our friend Nath having TOO MUCH fun with his front stuffers, :mrgreen: I decided to get me another traditional percussion musket, just missed out on a H&R Springfield Stalker, smooth bored in .45 :evil: probably will never see another one over here. :twisted: :twisted: .
However I will continue the search, you never know :|
Anybody ever have a Stalker .45 or .58 ? I liked the look of it, it resembles a 73 trapdoor but without the trapdoor.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hi&R Springfield Stalker .45.

Post by Rusty »

I don't have one but here is a whole forum dedicated to them.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/113-huntsm ... aders.html
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: H&R Springfield Stalker .45.

Post by gamekeeper »

Rusty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 pm I don't have one but here is a whole forum dedicated to them.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/113-huntsm ... aders.html
Thanks Rusty but the H&R huntsman is a different model, the huntsman is a break action muzzleloader that I believe had safety issues
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I remember those they had the same lock plate as the the H&R trapdoor model with quarter ,half and full cock settings.Numrich arms use to sell an instant muzzle loader kit along the same lines.It consisted of a muzzleloading barrel and percussion hammer that fitted original trapdoors and I believe they were in 58 cal
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Glad to see common sense prevailing :D

I had a huntsman for a short while but didn't get the break action and inline thing for a muzzloader :? :|

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

They came in .45 or .58 caliber. They show up on GB from time to time, always too pricey for me.
If I squint, my TC New Englander kind of looks like one. They usually are reasonably priced, especially if the bore is bad.
There are several people who will smooth bore a barrel for a fair price.