Spoiled Dogs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Spoiled Dogs

Post by AJMD429 »

Our dogs turn their noses up at every bulk/cheap dogfood we try, but of course they wouldn't be HAVING to use that food at all if they'd not eaten the goose that was laying their golden eggs (or at least the 17 chickens who laid the dozen or so eggs we fed our dogs every day cooked into rice, shells and all, with whatever other household scraps we could muster).

Anyway, they look offended when I put their food in the bowls, and sniff it and wander away nonchalantly, but I notice that the food is gone later. Sometimes they wait a day, but with the cold weather we've had I'd expect they'd wolf down whatever we dished out. Nope. They still ignore any of the three different brands of non-fancy, non-high-priced dog food.

Of course find a half-rotten possum carcass with some maggots in it, and they LOVE that.... :D

I took a pail of their disliked food (I felt sorry for them and bought a bunch of their 'preferred' kind for them) into the woods today, and scattered handfuls of it, along with sunflower seeds and some goat food, here and there for the woodland critters to find and eat. I even mixed in about 2 gallons of popcorn from the 5 gallon pail I made for the goats and chickens.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Spoiled Dogs

Post by piller »

Good for you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Sounds like this worthless pack that's always under my feet here. I like it while everything is frozen like it is now. Those rotten 'possums don't stink as much.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I'm not the only one with spoiled k9's!?
My girls inhale their food, but each night that get like a pack of voracious wolves when it's time for their daily fruit! Yes they get watermelon,honeydew,cantaloupe,apple,pear etc everyday. They are pushin & shoving trying to get more than the others!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

leave it long enough and they'll eat it. :mrgreen:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

This pup I have now is a garbage disposal.
She devours anything and everything.
The only thing she snubs is....(drum roll)....her dog treats :shock: But that is because she doesn't want a dog biscuit. My wife bought some rawhide chews with dehydrated chicken on them (to keep little razor-sharp teeth busy) and they are like puppy crack. If I have one of those treats on me when I walk outside, she immediately knows and won't rest until she sniffs it out.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Funny how old dead animals always win. :D

My mom's dog that I recently inherited was in for a real surprise when it came to feeding time. If you don't eat it right now and right fast you miss out.
Smart little guy figured things out quite quickly though. He's rolled right in with the rest of the pack like he's always been there.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My alarm dog, Marlin, is now 7months old. He was at the vet Friday and weighed 84.9 pounds before they lopped off a couple important to him ounces. No puppies from him!
At feeding time make sure to keep your fingers away from the bowl, or you will draw back nubs. He eats any and everything thats slower than him. Watching him eat you would swear he hasn't eaten in a week.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Back about summer of '78 a couple of buddies and I took an old wreck of a car south of the border for a week, and just west of Monterrey we stopped to feed.

... and that's what they were using for meat on the tortillas that day.

Not bad. Just different.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Back in my truckin' days I stopped at a bordertown cafe and ate some chili. Really good so I complemented the cook/owner and asked it it was deer or goat. He pointed out the glassless back window and said, "es burro". There was another burro tied up out back, waiting his turn.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife is not a dog person so we haven't had one for a few years now. When I did have dogs I was always a loyal customer of Purina products, starting with puppy chow and moving on to dog chow when it seemed right. It's not just a mater of protein and carbohydrates in the diet. The important thing is vitamins and minerals. Purina seems to have the most healthy mix of everything a healthy dog needs.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Took me awhile but my little evil heathen finally got the idea . I put her bowl out while I'm making dinner for my pop and myself . If she's not finished by the time we're done I pick her bowl up and put it back in the container in the fridge . She gets a mix of dry food can food and some table scraps . She has learned if she doesn't eat it today she'll get it tommorrow and she has about thirty minutes to get the job done . In the morning she gets a piece of dog jerky then nothing until dinner , sometimes in the evening say 21:00 or so I'll give her a dog biscuit if one kind or another but that's all she gets each day .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My two older dogs will run over, under, or through you to get to Pedigree. I have tried 7 or 8 other brands, but they like Pedigree. Weird dogs.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The wiener-pups have developed a taste for whipped cream. As soon as I pulled the can out of the fridge they start spinning in circles. Probably not the healthiest thing in the world for them to eat, but put it on anything, and they will eat it all! :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Every so often I'll give the girls some canned food as a treat. Each time I open a can I'm reminded of my Grandfather. Years ago when the grandparents lived with us, we had a dachshund that ate mostly canned food, Pop always said it was whale meat!
If memory serves, it was Chuck Wagon dog food. Still remember the commercial?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Here's another spoiled-rotten pup. He's not picky about his kibble, but he sure runs the house. If I want a nap in "His" recliner, I have to crate him up. And, it's 8-10 trips out every day: 3/4 of the time just to sniff. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV