Whitetail - 50 BMG

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Whitetail - 50 BMG

Post by AJMD429 »

Scary what a MISS will do if you're using a 50 BMG.... :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3uwl5HzzQ
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Whitetail - 50 BMG

Post by jnyork »

Utter poppycock. absolute BS. A crock.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

So... The gentleman 'barked' a whitetail without needing any actual bark.

Pause for thought.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I like the shooting bench, the rest of the video - not so much.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

What I think is laughable are the comments that say he "shot it through the eyes" yet somehow that 700gr bullet created no skull rupturing hydrostatic damage.

If you look at the important bit at 4:42 and run it at 1/4 speed, you can see the bullet pass across the bridge of the nose then hit the tree behind before the deer exhales and falls.

The mechanics of it sure is interesting, and remember, the military used to shoot at live animals all the time to test the effect of particular bullets.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That appears to me to totally irresponsible.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rusty wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:32 pm That appears to me to totally irresponsible.
I agree. IF your going to do some dramatic 'head shot' you should be a good enough shot to HIT the head of a stationary deer at 50 yards....especially with a gun capable of 6 inch groups at 500 yards.....!

He seemed too excited about the kill versus the hunt, or even the ballistic curiosity.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'd be embarrassed to post that video. What an idiot.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Very sad. He must have a huge ego. God Bless.⛪
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

He was a big jerk, but not doing anything illegal.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Misses don't kill. He shot it through the eyes.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

44shooter wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:59 pm Misses don't kill. He shot it through the eyes.
If that bullet had passed through it's eyes, I believe that head would be opened like an economy size can of tomatoes.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I don't think there is anyway that the deer was shot in the head, even the lowly 30-30 would show evidence with a head shot. I think the deer died of shock that a "deer hunter' would use something like that.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

FWiedner wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:59 pm
44shooter wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:59 pm Misses don't kill. He shot it through the eyes.
If that bullet had passed through it's eyes, I believe that head would be opened like an economy size can of tomatoes.

I'm not so sure from a bullet designed to penetrate armor and not hitting bone or hide. I think it's more plausible than an air disturbance blowing it's eyes out and causing fatal brain trauma. If that's the case, varminting with a high powered rifle should be easy....a quarter to a third the energy but a crow should have much more delicate eyes.

:D

I don't really have a problem with his methods but his execution of the shot wasn't ideal. It worked though and I can't say I haven't flubbed easy shots.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

It passed throw near the eyes. There is little structure there to burst the bullet. There is clearly contact.

That aside, I wonder what BMG would be like as a black powder cartridge?

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

IMO that deer got whacked on the head by the pressure wave of a 750gr bullet whizzing by danger close at 2800fps.

Instant fatal concussion.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:07 am I'd be embarrassed to post that video. What an idiot.

I 100% agree. Say what you want...this guy is an azzhole. About 30 years ago I had a nephew (at the time, 30 years old) who shot a small doe with a 378 Weatherby mag and bragged how it "dissipated " the animal. That's not hunting..that's legalized murder.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

No challange shooting a Bambi like that. Not impressed.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

FWiedner wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:43 pm IMO that deer got whacked on the head by the pressure wave of a 750gr bullet whizzing by danger close at 2800fps.

Yeah you can see that killer pressure wave in this demo ranch video.
https://youtu.be/YrHpe5Z93wM

:lol:

The video is pretty obvious, there's way too much ejecta from the deers nose and mouth to think he missed. His claim is the bullet sucked the deers eyes out (which of course is always fatal, lmao and apparently after they were sucked out they just disappeared). His real goal was to cause controversy and get lots of hits. It worked.
Slow is just slow.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

cas wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 pm
FWiedner wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:43 pm IMO that deer got whacked on the head by the pressure wave of a 750gr bullet whizzing by danger close at 2800fps.

Yeah you can see that killer pressure wave in this demo ranch video.
https://youtu.be/YrHpe5Z93wM

:lol:

The video is pretty obvious, there's way too much ejecta from the deers nose and mouth to think he missed. His claim is the bullet sucked the deers eyes out (which of course is always fatal, lmao and apparently after they were sucked out they just disappeared). His real goal was to cause controversy and get lots of hits. It worked.
Well that kinda blows my theory out of the water don't it?

:oops: :lol: :lol: