241 Years Ago

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

241 Years Ago

Post by Ray Newman »

an underfed, and poorly equipped, army crossed a nearing freezing river, pushed off ice flows, marched in the dead of night, manhandle their artillery to help save the horse teams strength, and defeated the Hessians at Trenton. About this, I heard it said; "Americans: willing to cross a frozen river to kill you. In your sleep. And on Christmas. No kidding, we did it before."
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 241 Years Ago

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ray, I saw that slogan on a poster of Washington crossing the Delaware not long ago. I hope and pray we are still a nation capable of such grit if we need to be.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I really don't know If our country can turn around enough to do that again. Since we won the election the liberal left is working harder and faster to tear us down, and what will they have left then????
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

I fear that you may be right, Jerry...
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

my GGGG grandfather, kasper goebel, was one of those Hessian

Post by hfcable »

soldiers......he was captured and is #37 on the prisoner list

he switched sides and became a blue coat, a Continental soldier, and was in a lot of battles fighting on the american side

i always toast him and remember at Christmas
cable
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A former Army Ranger from Macksville, Kansas was one who re-upped a couple of times to be sent back to the sandbox so that he could help keep the Newbies from going t-ts up. Mark Johnson. Son of Joe and Marsha Johnson. There are still men who would have been there with Washington.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One ancestor of mine was at Ft. McHenry during a famous battle. His last name was Lawhorn.

My Great Grandfather, William Montgomery Wyant fought in the (un)Civil War, and was in the U.S. Cavalry after that. He joined up first to get citizenship.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

imageedit_4003_2358868010.jpg
Good book on the topic...

https://www.amazon.com/Try-Mens-Souls-W ... inw_strp_1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I also highly recommend that book. In the forward Newt talks about doing the research for the book. Originally it was supposed to be an alternative history novel like his previous ones. But as they dug into it they realized that the truth was better than anything they could make up. A story that really will help convince you that the hand of God payed a part in the forming of our country. I pray to God we haven't passed the tipping point for letting it get away.

Post by Ysabel Kid »

GREAT post!!! :D