Got paint?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Got paint?

Post by jnyork »

Our silhouette club here in Yuma uses white targets, much better than black, we have found that Rustoleum 2X White Primer is vastly superior to any other brand. Tr;ouble is, it costs $3.80 a can and we use maybe 120 cans in a 6 month season.

I have googled around to no avail. Does anyone know of a wholesaler or discount place that might help us out? We are a senior citizen nonprofit organization.

Thanks.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got paint?

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Dont know any wholesalers for that product but have you tried the old fashioned paint brush & a gallon of paint?
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Wal-Mart spray-paint : $1.66 / can.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Ben_Rumson wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:53 pm Dont know any wholesalers for that product but have you tried the old fashioned paint brush & a gallon of paint?

Wont work here, Ben. When we shoot we have 120 targets on the line , many of which get knocked down and need paint touched up every 10 minutes or so. Gotta have spray paint cans.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

765x53 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:07 pm Wal-Mart spray-paint : $1.66 / can.

Thanks, we have tried it, it's like trying to paint with milk. :roll: :lol:

The Rustoleum 2x is the best we have tried, and we have tried them all.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What about some kind of bulk paint "in the gallon can" but using a paint sprayer to deliver it...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:27 pm What about some kind of bulk paint "in the gallon can" but using a paint sprayer to deliver it...?
Here's a pic of part our range when it's set up, shows about a third of the targets. We shoot 10 shots ,, go set 'em up and paint the bullet impact spots, Repeat several times, each time taking about 15 minutes. Targets are spread out over an area 100 meters long and about the same wide. Each shooter having a spray can in his hand is the only way we have figured out how to do it.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I would go to the source, find the toll free customer service number and give Rustoleum a call. You might get lucky and they might sell direct to your club. Worth a shot( pun intended!)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!