"Merry Christmas!" ...Is it Making a Comeback???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Merry Christmas!" ...Is it Making a Comeback???

Post by Old No7 »

For the last X many years, too many retailers have forced or coerced or perhaps threatened their employees to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"...

But I have to wonder... Is the saying of "Merry Christmas" making a comeback ? ? ?

That's the parting words I left with when leaving the checkout at a large national sporting good store (begins with "C") about an hour ago. Then I thought back to the other 3 retailers I'd been to, one of them a large national superstore (begins with a "W"), plus two other regional chains -- and they ALL said "Merry Christmas", while one of the employees did say "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" -- but at least they put the Christmas in there, and it was said first too!

Is anyone else seeing/hearing this ? ? ?

So it's only fitting that I close with...

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

And to all a good night -- and a new levergun!!! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: "Merry Christmas!" ...Is it Making a Comeback???

Post by Pisgah »

Only place I ever heard the "No Merry Christmas" stuff was in the news and online. Merry Christmas never went anywhere. A few nuts looking for a reason to be offended complained about it, and a few nuts of the opposite extreme acted like it was the end of the world, and that's all. Unfortunately, it's the way of the world these days...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Here in "fly-over" country, I don't believe it went anywhere.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 pm Here in "fly-over" country, I don't believe it went anywhere.
Agreed. Everyone says "Merry Christmas". I do get the obligatory "Happy Holidays" e-mails from some at work - and I always reply "Merry Christmas". :D
TANGO 4C
Levergunner

Post by TANGO 4C »

Pisgah wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 pm Only place I ever heard the "No Merry Christmas" stuff was in the news and online. Merry Christmas never went anywhere. A few nuts looking for a reason to be offended complained about it, and a few nuts of the opposite extreme acted like it was the end of the world, and that's all. Unfortunately, it's the way of the world these days...
It's very much the same situation here in Australia.
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning and Merry Christmas !!!
Never stopped saying it nor ever will till they cut out my capacity to say / communicate those words.
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

This year we were not directed by the Corporate Management to say the offensive "Happy Holidays", and no official greeting was ordered as far as I have seen or heard.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost