Sad fate for a firearm....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Sad fate for a firearm....

Post by AJMD429 »

From another thread..... :(

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/live- ... od_95.html

What a bummer they get 'deactivated'.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Sad fate for a firearm....

Post by Sixgun »

Doc,
That ain't nothing. Sometime back in the late eighties--early nineties......going from memory......the Brit govern. had this huge "gun thing" ...can't remember the specifics....some guy destroyed his original '74 sidehammer Sharps in protest. He told the govenment hat he was not going to deactivate the gun...as per their orders....so he had it cut up...was in an NRA publication at the time.---6
Model A Uzi’s
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The ad indicates that it is a live firearm and CAN BE deactivated.

If you want to rescue it, the opportunity is there.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My local dealer does deactivation of firearms, he has government permission to buy and sell prohibited weapons, such as handguns, machine guns and sawn off shotguns.
There are a lot of firearm collectors that can not get a licence so they collect deactivated guns :roll:
The only good thing is I get to play with AKs, Glocks and other interesting stuff that the UK government won't let me own.
We tested a small collection in a chalk pit were I live and boy did I have some explaining to do when neighbours complained about the fully auto fire :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 am My local dealer does deactivation of firearms, he has government permission to buy and sell prohibited weapons, such as handguns, machine guns and sawn off shotguns.
There are a lot of firearm collectors that can not get a licence so they collect deactivated guns :roll:
The only good thing is I get to play with AKs, Glocks and other interesting stuff that the UK government won't let me own.
We tested a small collection in a chalk pit were I live and boy did I have some explaining to do when neighbours complained about the fully auto fire :lol:
Good for you, before the pistol ban I went rabbiting with a Smith 357 and a Taurus.
Shot a fox with a buck mark, that was fun.
Stupid country....
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:36 am
gamekeeper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 am My local dealer does deactivation of firearms, he has government permission to buy and sell prohibited weapons, such as handguns, machine guns and sawn off shotguns.
Good for you, before the pistol ban I went rabbiting with a Smith 357 and a Taurus.
Stupid country....
The good old days, I often carried a .22 Astra Cadix whilst after rabbits, I too took a fox with it..... :)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am
Nath wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:36 am
Stupid country....
The good old days, I often carried a .22 Astra Cadix whilst after rabbits, I too took a fox with it..... :)
Cool, we was born in the wrong place friend!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

You both are always welcome over here... though I don't think the fox hunting would compare!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm You both are always welcome over here...
+1 to that ! ! !

The Colonies are calling -- come on over!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH