New front loader.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

New front loader.

Post by Nath »

Said I will never have another Pedersoli double, too heavy, too straight a stock, lousy barrel regulation.

I did say though that should an early one come along, from a time they were under 6lb and have more drop to the stock I will have one.
Well one turned up, some patina, decent bores and enough drop to provide perfect POI from my mounting and shooting.

Apart from the rammer breaking due to short grain and me improvising the first session was perfect :D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New front loader.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nicely done, Nath! I agree the current crop of Pedersoli doubles comes up far short in the handling department, especially those with screw-in chokes -- too much metal at the muzzle.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

Wow, did not know the mountain men swam the big pond and went East ! 😉
Nice picture with the white on the trees and the woolley hat!
Weather seems tomfavor you!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Nice gun Nath. I see your "field expedient" rammer. I'll bet you can make a really good one given time.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I like your style, Nath ! :mrgreen:

Is that stick hanging on your haversack a shooting rest ? (inquiring minds need to know ;) )

How your dog liking the snow/Winter ?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm glad you found an old one Nath 8) we had our first snow last night but too wet to stick.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Pete44ru wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:09 am .

I like your style, Nath ! :mrgreen:

Is that stick hanging on your haversack a shooting rest ? (inquiring minds need to know ;) )

How your dog liking the snow/Winter ?

No sir that is the stand in rammer.
Jess was feeling it come mid afternoon so I got her home.

Thanks all.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Very nice Nath, glad ya found the one ya wanted. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

TWHBC wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 am Wow, did not know the mountain men swam the big pond and went East ! 😉
Nice picture with the white on the trees and the woolley hat!
Weather seems tomfavor you!
I was thinking the same thing. I say we all get a petition to deport Nath to this side.
Nath sure don't let the grass grow beneath him...always out and about.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Once again, nice picture Nath! Nice lookin' double.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have one of the pedersoli baker style shotguns, the one with back action locks and a single trigger and it is a real nice gun for the money.I also have a euro arms magnum cape gun in 12 GA and it handles real nice , in I was thinking on putting an express rear and front sight so I could use it on deer
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

barbarossa wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 pm I have one of the pedersoli baker style shotguns, the one with back action locks and a single trigger and it is a real nice gun for the money.I also have a euro arms magnum cape gun in 12 GA and it handles real nice , in I was thinking on putting an express rear and front sight so I could use it on deer
How heavy are the back action Pedersoli's?

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Good picture Nath. I like your ramrod, much nicer than one of those modern fiberglass ones. I prefer the hickory rods soaked in kerosene. I am going to have to make a couple of more for spares.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

The Pedersoli backactions weigh about 7 1/2 pounds for the 28 " barrel version and 6 1/2 for the 20 inch version.They have an improved cylinder / modified chokes and the gun when both hammers are cocked will fire the left barrel(improved) first.i like the single trigger for hunting rabbits in the winters as it is easier to use with gloves on
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

barbarossa wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm The Pedersoli backactions weigh about 7 1/2 pounds for the 28 " barrel version and 6 1/2 for the 20 inch version.They have an improved cylinder / modified chokes and the gun when both hammers are cocked will fire the left barrel(improved) first.i like the single trigger for hunting rabbits in the winters as it is easier to use with gloves on
Hmm, I would have to handle one. Single trigger on a double just don't seem right to me , why change something that is all ready perfect :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

They are replicas of the british Baker shotgun (same guy who made the Bake rifle) at one time he invented the single trigger mechanism that was somewhat popular for a while in percussion form but really didn t come into their own until hammerless cartridge when the single selective trigger was invented (The Baker trigger being non selective)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

barbarossa wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 am They are replicas of the british Baker shotgun (same guy who made the Bake rifle) at one time he invented the single trigger mechanism that was somewhat popular for a while in percussion form but really didn t come into their own until hammerless cartridge when the single selective trigger was invented (The Baker trigger being non selective)
I did not know that. Thanks.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!