Slicking up Rossi 92s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Slicking up Rossi 92s

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Who has bought the DVD, spring and mag follower kit from Steve'z Gunz? How did the slick-up go? Would you do it again?
I bought the bolt-mounted peep sight for a Ranch Hand and really liked it, so will be ordering that too.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Slicking up Rossi 92s

Post by AJMD429 »

I did and it was easy and great results.

Got the safety-delete and metal magazine plug too.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Thanks Doc. Believe I will order the kit and the sight.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Worked great for me.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

"Nate Kiowa Jones" (Steve's Gunz) is the acknowledged master of the 92. You can't go wrong with his advice.
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

I went that route with my first Rossi, a 45 Colt. The video was very easy to follow and my results were splendid. I learned much about my rifle. It ended up being slick as heck.

My second Rossi I just sprayed it out and cycled it several thousand times. It is also slick as heck. I don't think you can go wrong with either method.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Steve's DVD is great, step by step how to on slicking up your Rossi. It'll eliminate the fear factor and get you started on tuning your rifle which really is not hard once you get started. DO NOT order the vid without ordering one of his ejector springs too, once you start to put it back together again you'll understand why.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hawkeye, I ordered the sight, the video, the ejector spring, the follower and a dovetail slot blank.

8)
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I called Steve (and he was the one who answered the phone. Wow) discussed the video and parts needs. He talked me through the parts I needed and which I did not (talked me out of buying a part). He suggested I attempt something and call him back, I am thinking yeah right three or four calls to get him again. Nope a couple rings on the first call back and he answers, we finalize what I need, order it and it comes right to me. I follow the step by step video and all is great. Cannot say enough good about the video and the service. Wish he made videos for some of the other guns I have.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I know JerryB has used his video among others with great success and having been a member here for over 10 years I have never seen anyone speak ill of Steve.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks Rusty, that video and the parts sure made a difference. The extra polishing in places you wouldn't think of really helped. You will be money and time ahead with his package.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15