The Stalking Moon

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

The Stalking Moon

Post by winchester1886 »

Wife and me just finished watching The Stalking Moon (yet again), Gregory Peck impeccable as usual, Eva Marie Saint really good in her part, and Robert Forster so good he was made for the part.
This movie has real feel to me, more like a documentary then a movie, I feel like I am there but in view of what happens, probably glad I wasn't.
Probably one of the best Westerns I have seen, and my wife loves it but will only watch it if I am there.
Made in 1968, and well worth seeing if you haven't seen it, we just love it.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Stalking Moon

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Winchester, thanks for bringing up this film. I had forgotten about it, and always wanted to see it. I am sure that living in the heart of Apache country will make it even more enjoyable. The Mescalero reservation is only about 40 minutes from my home.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

The original Special Forces. Saw that one in the theater back when I still went to the movies.

Post by JerryB »

I saw it so long ago I had forgotten about it. Reckon I need to get it to watch again.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Never seen it.....will definitely do so now.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

I seen it the first time around 1969 -70 at the Wagon Wheel drive in, located about half way between Lakeside and Showlow AZ.

The boy in the movie is a White MTN Apache.

I remember it was a big deal the drive in was packed, sold out for the weekend

----------J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

J35 thanks for that info of the boy being a White Mountain Apache I didn't know that, the only info I have found his name is Noland Clay and I found one picture of him, with what I assume is his Dad and Mom and what I guess is his 5 brothers and sisters, by the look of him I would guess the picture was taken around when the movie was made, and probably to do with the movie, also he was born in May 1957 makes him 60.
Another bit of info the black and white horse that the boys father rides in the movie, is the same horse that Steve Leech (Charlton Heston) foreman of Ladder Ranch rides in The Big Country, made ten years earlier.
I did find the actor that plays the boys father, but could not find much about him.
The only thing that I watch on the tele is Westerns, and when I watch one I really like, I research everything I can about it, whether it is in the movie, or something to do with the movie but not actually in it, like site locations, houses, ranches anything at all that is of interest.
Nothin' to do with this western but of interest, the house that is John Wayne's in the movie McClintock, was photographed in about 1910-1920 by the famed cowboy and photographer Erwin E Smith its in Arizona, if you go on the Amon Carter Museum site you will find heaps of old photos by Smith.
Better go but just love anything about the old west, even drive my wife mad with my 6 slick fork saddles and other Buckaroo gear in the lounge room, just can't help myself.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

1886: If you are ever remotely near Fort Worth, the Amon Carter Museum is well worth your time -- especially for someone who appreciates the Old West as much as you obviously do. The Stockyard District is mighty special, too.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

1886, what's the chance of some pictures of you saddles?? My first that I bought when I was 17 was a slick fork.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15